V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the e-series slip on mufflers? I was wanting to get a pair of thunder headers ,but I read on another post that they do not work well with the delphi system. I have a 2002 ultra classic with big sucker kit and flashed chip. I am currently using screaming eagles mufflers. I am looking for a deeper throater, muffler .

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am not the expert to provide this info...

I'll post a response, since you haven't gotten one so far...but somebody with more experience will hopefully answer your question.

The general concensus seems to be the E-Series, and the Super Trapp as well, are unbeatable for dyno numbers with the EFI bikes. Don't know how they sound though (number of disc will obviously effect this). The EFI bikes, atleast the Delphi EFI, don't run well with the Thundercones, or a Thunder header. They also don't like open pipes, or very low restriction exhaust systems.

Dynoguy.com talks about the reversion issues with the Thundercones, and how they don't perform well.

You might also do a search, or scroll through the previous post, as there has been a lot of discussion on this in the past.

I'm going to install the E-series too, when I get tired of my Khrome Werks HP+ 100's, just because of the numbers they put up.

Mitch

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm running the E-series slip-ons on my '01 Ultra. With 13 disks on the right and 3 on the left. I have a Power Commander on it and an SE air cleaner. Stock ECU, no re-flash. The bike pull like a freight train right up to the redline. The pipes aren't too loud at all. Because of the design of the disk system and closed end cap, they don't have any crackle to them at all. To me, the sound is just about perfect for a bagger with a radio. I wouldn't want it any louder. They definately have more sound than the SE's, but are quiet compared to a thunderheader. You really need to hear a set before you decide if you like them or not. The guys I ride with that have Softies all run Pythons or GroundPounders. They are significantly louder than my pipes. Too loud for my taste.
Anyhow, the pipes are excellent performers and the fit/finish is pretty good. You decide on the sound.
Ken

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Howdy Ken. You should post a picture of your bike, that's one good looking sumbit(h.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Hippo. Now, if I can find out where and how to post a pic, I'll get one up. BTW, I'm heading out for a 3000mi road trip next week and when I return am going to be doing some major engine upgrades. I may ping you offline for some advice. No one around here has a good handle on EFI bikes. My local guy is eager to do the mechanical work, but just kind of stares at me when we talk about handling the EFI. More to come.
KEN

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No problem. I wish I were so lucky, I need a good road trip, but I guess the little putt to Vegas and a possible trip to CA will have to do this month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts