V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use my old fork oil to lube my chain. seems a shame to waste such good oil which i change every year, i guess it will be fine for o ring chain coz it has rubber seal conditioners in it. c'mon george, any comments please?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh, but i kinda like the idea of it flinging off any dirt too. have used chain lube and it starts to look like valve grinding paste real quick, plus it takes a whole lotta time to clean it off and re apply

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
i don't think the chain will know the difference.oil is oil to the chain. i use my hd360 oil to oil my chainsaw bar and chain. it's too expensive to just throw out so i use it for that.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
do not lube o-ring chains, it collects dirt and destroys the o-rings, i thought yall were bikers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
do not lube o-ring chains
Most manufacturers recommend something like 90wt to lube chains, o-ring or otherwise. There are also many different flavors of chain lubes and waxes to choose from. I use a chain wax. It's clear, doesn't fling off and consistantly get right at 17,000 miles out of a chain on my ZR-7 (lubing every 300 miles). I also use it on my dirt bikes and it attracts less dirt than the messy chain lubes or 90wt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts