V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my dealer put on a new rear tire and I just picked up the bike. It now has a noxious medium pitched whine at all speeds. It's not the brakes not the engine since I tried coasting and it persisted. It seems to be coming from the primary cover area. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine started doing this recently, but only at very low speeds and when the bike is very hot. I discussed it with a local wrench and he said it was either the belt or the wheel. Either way, he said it was O.K. to wait until I have my bike in there next month and that the 10k service will cover either problem. I've done all my own maintenance, but I'm having the dealer do the 10k.

While I'm here. It's been VERY Freakin' hot around here lately. 10?-104-109-112 and today it finally cooled to 104 again. I ride between 70-80 normally and sometimes through heavy traffic. I've been concerned about my TC (no oil cooler and running regular oil) so I talked to the same wrench about maybe installing an oil cooler during the 10k service. He said it was uneccessary even considering my current riding conditions. He said unless I'm in the habit of running parades in the desert that I shouldn't be concerned. "Besides", he said, "It's under warranty". Good point. It was refreshing that the dealer wrench talked me out of something he could have easily sold me. That wasn't the first time either. The last time it was the parts guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.