V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would advise you to go with the full size tourpack but make it detachable. That's what I did and I don't regret it. The Tourpack is off most of the time.
I think the bike looks much better without it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
eglide1 said:
I would advise you to go with the full size tourpack but make it detachable. That's what I did and I don't regret it. The Tourpack is off most of the time.
I think the bike looks much better without it.

I agree ,, go with the full sized tour pack ... as for the detachable thing ,, i cant ever invision myself ever wanting to take my tourpack off .... we use it too much ,, its far more convenient than the bags.....I would think if you are adding a tourpack to a bike ,, one could score a pretty good HD dividend off the guy who paid to make a tourpack detachable by buying his stock mount at 30 cents on the dollar.... rat

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
tourpacks

I'm just the opposite. I bought the chopped because I like the looks of it much better. Plus, I made mine detatchable. Mines off most of the time and I've got a small sissy bar and rack behing it. Just my .02 worth.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
When I bought my Ultra, I said the TourPack was coming off. Then I found out how valuable it is for holding stuff. It's never been off except to be worked on. It's great to have, because you can store your stuff, and someone elses stuff too. In fact, for the price of a cold beer, I often hold other riders helmets and jackets. Can't beat that!

I think the ElectraGlide looks best with the fullsize TourPack.
However, I think the RoadGlide looks best with a Chopped Pack.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Paniolo said:
When I bought my Ultra, I said the TourPack was coming off. Then I found out how valuable it is for holding stuff. It's never been off except to be worked on. It's great to have, because you can store your stuff, and someone elses stuff too. In fact, for the price of a cold beer, I often hold other riders helmets and jackets. Can't beat that!

I bought my 2004 Ultra just to get the full-sized tour pak. It's the best feature on the bike. It opens from the high side (unlike the Gold Wing) and it's really big in there. Get the full-sized one, leave it on and, don't look back! :)

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Paniolo said:

I haul my buddies crap all the time, they know the rules...
You gotta give me some form of payment up front PLUS a beer when we get to the first bar! I have king on my RG, wish it was detachable, to cheap to get the detachable hardware plus sissy bar for the OL, plus she'd throw a tantrum not having her big soft chairback on.....
Heck, if I had detachable, I'd probably never take it off......
But they sure look a ton better without it.....
Of course a solo seat looks good too, what do you think my chances of getting one of those is? I am not pussie whipped, just too old to put up a fight any more, alot easier to just let her have her way........

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
adlerx said:
I am not pussie whipped, just too old to put up a fight any more, alot easier to just let her have her way........
A man who understands the prime rules of a successful marriage.

:D

T113

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
If your going to spend all that money why would you want less? The tour pak is for hauling stuff. Its not like your going to put a chopped one on and someones going to mistake your bike for a Fatboy. Its still a dresser.

I bought a detachable for FLHR, never took it off. Hold 12pack. It is just so practical.

If you ride alot and use your bike, get it.

·
Recon
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is for my street glide and a solo set up.. I think the chopped would go better, But, I am still mullin it over. thanks for the ideas. What would really help would be the actual dimensions (inside) of one of the styles.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
berserker said:
If your going to spend all that money why would you want less? The tour pak is for hauling stuff. Its not like your going to put a chopped one on and someones going to mistake your bike for a Fatboy. Its still a dresser.

I bought a detachable for FLHR, never took it off. Hold 12pack. It is just so practical.

If you ride alot and use your bike, get it.
Go big or go home! Really, I agree with berserker all the way on this, especially if it's a solo setup, Then you'll only have it on when going on a trip and trust me. when you're on a road trip, you'll want all the storage space you can get!!! I'll measure mine in the morning for you...

OBTW, I have a soft sided cooler that fits in mine that holds a case of beer(the OL is a heavy drinker:laugh: ) and a bag of ice and I still got plenty of room for all kinds of stuff in there!!!

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Chopped is poser...there, I just said what everyone is thinking when someone rides up with one attached. Another thought that comes to mind is half-a$$ed...why do anything if you only plan to only go half way?

:corn: :corn: :corn:

·
Just a kid at heart
597 Posts
I have a full size detachable for mine. I prefer the looks without, but if I am going to have one for hauling my ship around and touring, it better be a big one. I have it on about 10%-20% of the time.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Isn't the chopped more $?

People with chopped are trying to look "sporty" but don't realize they have a trunk.

To me it just say I don't ride that much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts