V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
What's the matter? Don't trust your $20,000 modern marvel of machinery?
Just carry a cell phone.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Yeah, Truckman!!!
But that does bring up a old time question. Should he carry one of the proven winners such as a .45ACP, a .357 Mag. or even a .38 Spl.? More likely, if he is one of the new wondernine breed, he will carry a 9mm, a .40, or some other wanna be caliber.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.......... I also am a fan of .45 but don't sell a .40 short. A lot to be said for concealability ??? Whatever you choose, you have to be able to hit your intended target !!!

Do a search on tools, there has been a thread or two on tools. And yes, a firearm is a tool also

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Alien,
Amen to concealability! I usually carry a Colt Defender and it is just the ticket for me right now. I also have been known to sometimes carry a S&W Airweight during the hot summer days. Both are loaded with Glasers and Hydrashocks, alternating in the magazine. Thank the Lord, Texas is a concealed carry state, that law made me legal!

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Russell,
This thread isn't helping you too much, sorry. I carry what came with my bike, but I added a pocket knife, flashlight, about 2' of electrical wire, a small first aid kit and some jumper cables. I also always have a cell phone and of course, a gun.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I like the hydrashocks. I carry anything from a glock 21 in .45 to a charter arms bulldog pug .44spl (one of my favorites, bobbed hammer, pocket pistol) ta a very concealable secamp .32 for summer. And when I really need small, I carry a north american arms .22 magnum, and I dont feel underpowered for protection at all. .22 magnum is a HOT little round !! Mass is a b!tch on guns, I'm one of the last 200,000 LTC's in the whole state of Mass.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Chuckfw, actually I carry a small Seecamp 32 which fits nicely in my front pocket or jacket. not accurate from a distance but if I have to use it (which I hope not) I imagine the recepient will be close. carry a sig 380 in my saddle bag, but not real accessible in time of need.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Russell, have you got a handle on which tools to carry? Anywhere from a .22 Mag up to a .45. LOL You know, this might make a good new thread!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
chuckfw said:
Russell,
This thread isn't helping you too much, sorry. I carry what came with my bike, but I added a pocket knife, flashlight, about 2' of electrical wire, a small first aid kit and some jumper cables. I also always have a cell phone and of course, a gun.
On my Road King Classic:

Colt Pocket Nine
Mobile Phone
Jumper Cables
(2) Maglites, 1 is the mini unit
All in one Pocket Tool
Jumper Cables
HD Oil
First Aid Kit
Tool Set
Bottled Water
Condoms

·
Registered
201 Posts
Russell,
Just go to your local stealer and find one of their small tool kits....Oh yeah, and look at the Taurus 608...Love mine and scares the bejeezus outta anyone on the "unlucky end"....

T-Bone

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sig 229 or 1911, Leatherman tool, first aid kit, tool kit that came with the bike with a few add ons. Bike flat tire kit too as well as a hand air pump. Auto plugs don't work worth a ****.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Allen wrench set
Leatherman style tool
7/16, 1/2, 9/16 comb wrenches
Straight slot screwdrive
#2 phillips
Electrical tape

This is just basic stuff...... Build from there..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey, I have to ask. What do you do if you are stopped for a road violation
or whatever doing an interstate ride? With most states having different
carry or conceal laws then the state that issued your permit. Just on the
chance the cop asks if you are carrying any firearms. I have a CT carry,
but outside the state, it's worthless. I guess the answer is don't get
stopped and the answer to the question is NO or leave the "heat" home.

Tool kit... cell phone, money, change of clothes. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts