V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody tell me which softail handlebars I need or which bar you think would work for me. I have a 2012 RK. I need them moved maybe 2 or 3 inches back and cocked out a little instead of in. The original bars have my wrists cocked in at an odd angle. I have done some reading on here about setting on the bike and putting my hands where they would seem more comfortable. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
There's two Heritage bends. One was used prior to '09 and one '09 to present. A trip to your local HD dealer will have you sitting on a new Heritage, and they may have an older used model that has the old style bend.
Got a bud that changed the old Heritage bend for the new on his '07 RK. He definitely likes the newer bend. After riding his scoot I like them better too.
I don't know how difficult the install is on the new TBW bikes. You might want to check that out. BTW those new style bars sell for about $75.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know it's a different bike but;

I switched my 09 Dyna to Mini Apes for the exact same reason the majority of pressure from the grips was on the outside pad of my hand and it cut off blood circulation to my small fingers.

Go Ape!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts