·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the roll call post is great, but just for pure numbers how about a poll

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
I was 4-F at the time....shattered leg that didn't heal right. If it counts, my dad was a Navy Chief Pharmacist's Mate in the Pacific during WWII.

·
Registered
79 Posts
trooper113 said:
If it counts, my dad was a Navy Chief Pharmacist's Mate in the Pacific during WWII.
Well, if you're going to brag up yer Dad, then so can I :D

He was infantry (Army), and participated in the African and Sicilian campaigns. After his death in '96 I wrote the Army for info and recieved a fistfull of medals and badges.

Me, I was a stateside Marine from '72-'75. The brightest spot was a stint at the Mountain Warfare Training Center up in the Sierra Nevadas. Cried when I had to leave that place...for an Illinois kid, the western mountains were a slice of heaven...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just retired from the Air Force (reserve) in November. Spent nearly 8 years active navy then got a job working for the Air Force and went AF reserve. Spent 20 years there working A-10s and KC-135s. Got activated right after 9-11 for a year and used that opportunity to order an '02 Heritage thru military sales. Nice deal. You basically get the bike for MSRP. I understand that this has changed after I bought mine and now you have to be PCS, they won't let you buy one if you're TDY. What kind of B.S. is that? The dealers whining because they weren't getting the usual 2-4 grand markup on them? That sucks, the G.I.s should be able to get one at MSRP if anybody. Part of the military deal I guess, BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again).

·
Registered
201 Posts
" BOHICA " Bahahahahah I haven't heard that since I got outta the Navy years ago..... Always liked GAF...still use that one to this day!!

T-Bone

·
Registered
156 Posts
Groundhog said:
I just retired from the Air Force (reserve) in November. Spent nearly 8 years active navy then got a job working for the Air Force and went AF reserve. Spent 20 years there working A-10s and KC-135s. Got activated right after 9-11 for a year and used that opportunity to order an '02 Heritage thru military sales. Nice deal. You basically get the bike for MSRP. I understand that this has changed after I bought mine and now you have to be PCS, they won't let you buy one if you're TDY. What kind of B.S. is that? The dealers whining because they weren't getting the usual 2-4 grand markup on them? That sucks, the G.I.s should be able to get one at MSRP if anybody. Part of the military deal I guess, BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again).

I just bought my sporty through military sales. Now I am stationed over here so it's normal for me to be able to to buy one through them. But they did recently change it again so that folks on 90 day tdy's can buy Harley's through them.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thought I would stop by and say Hi

0351 with 3/3 I.Co and then went to 5th Force and finished the indoc and RIP school. EASed and went to the Active Reserves with 4th Recon in MN. Now heading off to law school!!

Semper Fi

Sgt. D.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just retired "transitioning" from USN.

23 years, all westpac. Left cause I was tired of the 6-9 months trips to the land of sand.

Handed out my biz card the other day, realized it was yet another ShellBack cert.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
USN Aviation 1985 - 1997. Enjoyed my time (8 years stationed at NAS Barbers Point) but enjoy the freedom and the BIG CIVILIAN PAYCHECKS MORE :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey Fatchance Welcome to the retired world of "hunting jobs" LOL, although JFS seems to have found the higher paying jobs, I prefer the slower lifestyle outside of the DC area, like LA (Lower Alabama). Either way, welcome out, it is a lot better than in LOL

·
Registered
349 Posts
LA, hehehe...Yeah, job hunting. Finally landed one of those suckers.
Thanks navyharley, as much as I want to be contributing to the effort...Wife asked why I had a stupid grin on my face the other day, sheet I may be broke, but I ain't floatin.:D :D

navyharley said:
Hey Fatchance Welcome to the retired world of "hunting jobs" LOL, although JFS seems to have found the higher paying jobs, I prefer the slower lifestyle outside of the DC area, like LA (Lower Alabama). Either way, welcome out, it is a lot better than in LOL

1 - 20 of 334 Posts