V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been beaten to death here but just bare with me cuz i'm new here...

I have a 2005 Screaming Eagle Fatboy. The only changes I plan to make is to put on a set of Vance & Hines Big Shots so mapping will need to be done.

I have a friend who also has a 05 SE Fatboy and when he changed exhausts the HD dealer could not get it mapped correctly without adding a Race Tuner to his bike. After installing the race tuner it runs fine. ...so i'm thinking i may need to do the same, and if so what box should i go with... the Race Tuner or Power Commander? Beings the bike is under warranty i'm thinking maybe it's best if i go with the Race Tuner...

I would appreciate any thoughts in helping me sort this out...

Thanks,
rprider

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
someone screwed your buddy. The only thing you need is stage 1 download.It's all you will need for exhaust and SE aircleaner.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
rprider said:
I'm sure this has been beaten to death here but just bare with me cuz i'm new here...

I have a 2005 Screaming Eagle Fatboy. The only changes I plan to make is to put on a set of Vance & Hines Big Shots so mapping will need to be done.

I have a friend who also has a 05 SE Fatboy and when he changed exhausts the HD dealer could not get it mapped correctly without adding a Race Tuner to his bike. After installing the race tuner it runs fine. ...so i'm thinking i may need to do the same, and if so what box should i go with... the Race Tuner or Power Commander? Beings the bike is under warranty i'm thinking maybe it's best if i go with the Race Tuner...

I would appreciate any thoughts in helping me sort this out...

Thanks,
rprider

if you only put on pipes tuning is not mandatory . if you do pipes and air cleaner then yes tuning is required ....

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
wmossy said:
if you only put on pipes tuning is not mandatory . if you do pipes and air cleaner then yes tuning is required ....
He's already got the A/C. If it were me, I'd get the SERT. Never mind, it was me and I got the SERT

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sert Vs Pc Usb

SEDELUXE05 said:
i beleive the 05 se came with a stage 1 download cal id 127hp103 canned map. 95in engine
or do the 103 engine cvo cal id 127mk004

it does not matter your better off with the sert any way. this way you can tune it properly
Im sure many will fight to the death....but dial your sert in...then bring it to me....and with a PC USB on my dyno I WILL GET MORE POWER...HAVE NOT FAILED YET !!!!!!!!

good dyno man and PC are hard to beat (the secret is sert is so hard to dial in most people are not willing spend 2-4 hrs to dial it in properly)...my openion.

Good Luck

Steve The Dyno Man :cheers:

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Steve, I'm sure you are very good but a tuner who understands the SERT as well as you do the PC can get a higher level of tuning as the SERT tunes in narrower rpm bands. And the SERT is capable of data logging which allows the end user the ability to track performance after making changes to the build without having to return to the dyno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts