V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lookin' at pipes for my '06 'bob, and I've sort of narrowed it down to V&H Bigshot Staggereds, Shortshot Staggereds, or Bassani Pro Streets. The problem I can see with the short pipes is possibly making my passenger deaf. Other than that, The only other thing that irritates me is when pipes have too much of that high pitched sound. Any suggestions?:hmmm:

·
In disguise
2,758 Posts
From what you say, I would eliminate the V&H ShortShots first. Just plain loud. And not in a good way.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
motorhedmike said:
I've been lookin' at pipes for my '06 'bob, and I've sort of narrowed it down to V&H Bigshot Staggereds, Shortshot Staggereds, or Bassani Pro Streets. The problem I can see with the short pipes is possibly making my passenger deaf. Other than that, The only other thing that irritates me is when pipes have too much of that high pitched sound. Any suggestions?:hmmm:

Traded my Big Shot Shorts for a Pro Pipe because I wanted less noise. I liked the sound, just not the volume. The Pro Pipe is quiet when I want it to be and will make 'big dog' noise when I twist it.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
The Bassanis are loud also,I loved the way the looked on my bike but way too loud for me.:hmmm:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thanks: The Samson caliber 2 into 1 pipes are also kinda cool, but they look like they hang kinda low. I've already scraped the stock muffler bracket, and I'd hate to do that to a brand new pipe. A friend of mine has street sweepers on his lowered softail, and I think those are prolly the most bitchin pipes I've seen, but he's already scraped 'em 4 or 5 times.:yikes:

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
V & H Longshots on mine, low rumble, not overly loud, good performance..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts