V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new Ultra Classic and love it, but am looking to upgrade to a Mustang seat based on prior great experiences with Mustangs. My questions are around which seat to get. Should it be a one-piece ultra touring smooth seat, a one-piece sport touring seat, or the Solo with a passenger pad?

I like the idea of the built-in backrest on the solos, but wonder if the backrest kits for the one-piece seats are just as good. I will never have a need for simply a Solo seat on the bike, so that's not an issue, but if styling or comfort of the solos exceed that of the one-pieces, I'd spend the extra $$ and get one.

Anybody have any experience, thoughts or insights into this dilema, I'd appreciate a response. As a final note, it's just as important that my passenger be as comfortable on long rides as me if that influences your feedback.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 2 ultras, both with the mustang one piece with pillow top, looks like the hd stock seat but very superior. Personally I think they are great. I ride with my wife and she offers no complaints either. just my .02

·
Registered
152 Posts
Also wondering about a Mustang seat for my new '02 Ultra. I like the looks of the Smooth Ultra Touring with the chrome studs. I went to the Mustang site and priced it out at $ 875.00 including the driver backrest, passenger trunkrest, and the chrome nuts. This seems like a lot of money for another vinyl seat when the Corbin leather seats are around $ 1,050.00. I think the Corbins are beautiful but the "hard as a rock" stories have me a little scared ... hate to pay that much for a seat that's not as comfortable as the stock seat.

We like to ride long distances and I believe the stock seat can be improved on ...

Any more Ultra riders out there with better seats?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have been having the same issues as you guys. I have a FLHT and the times I do 2-up riding i can live with the stock seat. Most of my miles are solo so have been thinking of a solo, but from who? Mustang has a good reputation for service but will not make me a seat of leather. Corbin sounds like a crap shoot, if your seat has no problems, great but once you pay for it you own it. Corbin apparently forgets how to communicate once the check clears. My best guess at this time is to wait till I can sit on some (maybe at a show) before I can make my choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts