V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you will say do a search, or been brought up a bunch of times, or best thing to do is go and listen to different set ups. I have done the first two. I am waiting for my flhrsi to come in, in may-june. Sold my vtx 1300 today. tring to figure out which set up to go with. I had vance & hines bigshots on the honda and loved the sound. I am looking for something deep and loud. What are the benefits with going with a full system vs slip ons? If i just put slip ons on will i get this effect?

http://www.h-dvisa.com/cgi_w/jsp/credit/harleydavidson/customize.jsp?ICS_Source=44015&CAT_Code=6

Now granted, thats thru computer speakers but you get my point....

·
Wandering Child
632 Posts
Slip on's will work fine. I have Cycle Shack M series. To me they sound great, the quality is very nice and the price is right. Can probably find them for $200 to $250 if you look around.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
1st. How much money do you have to spend? I know guys that have bought 3 or 4 different setups till they found something they liked. The funny thing is the more money they seemed to spend, the better they liked the sound. Personally I think they didn't want to admit that its all a personal preference and has nothing to do with money. I have the SE slip ons and real like the sound. Bark when you need/expect them to and simmer down around the house in the mornings when I need to slip out of the neighborhood at 5AM.

·
Wandering Child
632 Posts
bountyhunter said:
Fat all the way, clean/no Clamps or gaps, billet tips, progressive triple stepped headers, easy install, great performance, sound and looks. No other true dual compares!:gun:

I'll be looking forward to seeing those. You still thinking about meeting up with me and my buds in three weeks?

One question about your pipes. When it's time to change your rear tire are you going to have to unbolt them all the way back to the heads to get the pipes out of the way?

·
Registered
547 Posts
see below...

Rineharts give you extra umph, and sound the best too...

·
Live Now - Go For It
89 Posts
TerryM said:
I know some of you will say do a search, or been brought up a bunch of times, or best thing to do is go and listen to different set ups. I have done the first two. I am waiting for my flhrsi to come in, in may-june. Sold my vtx 1300 today. tring to figure out which set up to go with. I had vance & hines bigshots on the honda and loved the sound. I am looking for something deep and loud. What are the benefits with going with a full system vs slip ons? If i just put slip ons on will i get this effect?

http://www.h-dvisa.com/cgi_w/jsp/credit/harleydavidson/customize.jsp?ICS_Source=44015&CAT_Code=6

Now granted, thats thru computer speakers but you get my point....
IMHO
Freedom Exhaust - Complete Package
Exhaust, High Flow, Power Commander with Correct Mapping - $1,415.00
Freedom Cycles will send you the complete package to make your scooter haul ass
Here is the website:
http://www.dynasite.net/dynaweb/1000441/explore.cfm?p=N&store=Y&U=1&SS=1&S=1000441

1 - 7 of 7 Posts