V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I recently purchaced an '06 Night Train (just cracked 100 miles). I have a SERT, SE Stage I A/C and Python Staggered dual exhaust on the way (not here yet). I do my own work on my bikes, so I'm planning on putting everything on myself and getting it dyno'd/tuned after. I haven't had an opportunity to check out what "stock" maps come with the SERT (32107-01D), so I don't know if there is a base map for this setup that I can use. Does anyone know? If there isn't, what would you recommend I should download to it for the trip from my garage to the dealer to get Dyno'd/tuned?

One more question, should I wait till after the break-in period to do these mods or should I just do them now?

Thanks in advance...

--Rob

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
petrock said:
Hey,
I recently purchaced an '06 Night Train (just cracked 100 miles). I have a SERT, SE Stage I A/C and Python Staggered dual exhaust on the way (not here yet). I do my own work on my bikes, so I'm planning on putting everything on myself and getting it dyno'd/tuned after. I haven't had an opportunity to check out what "stock" maps come with the SERT (32107-01D), so I don't know if there is a base map for this setup that I can use. Does anyone know? If there isn't, what would you recommend I should download to it for the trip from my garage to the dealer to get Dyno'd/tuned?

One more question, should I wait till after the break-in period to do these mods or should I just do them now?

Thanks in advance...

--Rob
Rob:
Kinda late replying, but if you still have plans to do as you stated above then you'll need to purchase the 32117-01F Software from Dealer. Should have necessary '06 file(s) you'll need as the "D" version cut off with '05 files.

Many riders will get the first 500 miles on before modifications, but that's not cast in stone. Many also have mods done before taking delivery. Go with your gut feeling on that.

The latest CD (F) should have an '06 file that will work fine till you get the Night Train tuned.

Good luck!

:beer4u:

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot for the info...

--Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts