V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the thread on the beach bars, and all of the replies on the Wild 1 Chubby bars seem real positive. I can't find a reference to the 508 number in my Custom Chrome, J&P and Biker's Choice catalogs, just their own part numbers. Can anyone tell me which one is which? Also, do these 508 bars really twist your wrist outward when using your levers? I have the Motor Co. touring pull back bars and they turn my wrists outward severely when using the levers. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I bought mine from Direct parts, Inc. The part # was w0508. Not sure if that is the manufacturer # or Direct Parts #. I'm not very good at posting links, but you can find Direct Parts pretty easy using Yahoo (or other search engine).

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll post their site.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
If you do a search, you will find Chubby's has their own website. The HD Forum had a post on this previously. I am going to change my RKC over this winter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Custom Chrome part number is 10-099. Also, they are referred to as the Road King, or RK, bars by most of the distributors. Don't confuse them with the Road King II bars. Those are Chubby WO518's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks joffrey and HDVette, someone steered me to the website. I like the look and pullback, but have some concerns about how much the bars turn your wrists outward. I have HD Touring Pullback Bars and am not going to be able to keep them because of the wrist issue. They look quite similar to the Chubbys, so I'm a little paranoid about the angle. Everyone posting sure seems to like the Chubs tho!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go to the HD catalog and look up the spec's on the bars you currently have. The rise, pullback and width will be listed, then sit on your bike and extend you arms to the position you want to ride at and measure the distance. Add or subtract this from your stock and order one with those deminisions. I added a 2" rise with a 3 1/2 pull back and now it's just right.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the 508's on my RKC and I really like them. You might also need to look at a different seat? Your seating position will also change how you grip the bars. I have the HD Sundowner touring seat and with the 508's it's very comfortable for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Black Classic,
The WO518's have 4 1/4 more inches of pullback than the stock bars. They're also 3 inches wider(35.5 inches,) with less rise(not sure how much.) These are the R.K. II bars. The 508's are stock width, with 16.25 inches of pullback. I believe the stock pullback is 10 inches. I bought the 518's because I didn't like the wrist angle of the 508's(you know, the carparal tunnel thing.) The 518's are super. A lot of guys say the 518's are for long arms. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and 32-33" sleve length. I'm pretty short waisted, and sit way back on the bike due to my long inseam. I love the 518's. With 4 more inches of pullback than stock, I can't imagine how short your arms would have to be to not be able to use them. If you have a shorter inseam, your going to be sitting closer to the bars anyway. WO518 is the Wild1 Inc. part number.

Hope this helps.
Dave

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have a decent case of arthriris in my wrists (other places too, old age is a *****). The angle of the 508's doesn't bother me at all, but clearly this would be a personal thing. Maybe you could find someone with a set and at least sit on the bike? I did that at the dealership because i had same type of concerns.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave and gbenner, thanks for the info! I'm kind of an ape too, in the arm length dept. 34" inseam etc. I think you are right, I need to sit on a bike with a set on to check it out. Merry Christmas!

Patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts