V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the sound of most 2 into 1's, but usually don't like the looks. I was hoping to get a similar sound out of a set of 2 into 2's....Is there such luck?
I like the looks of the Bassani Pro Streets, Samson BG3's sweepers, Rinehart flush...you get the idea.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Try the vance and hinse website. You can listen to each pipe. If you like em deep, go with big shots or big radius.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
I would recommend the V&H Big Shot Staggered pipes with the Quiet Baffles. The stock baffles are very loud but have a high pitch sound to them. With the Quiet Baffles, they are still loud, but make the bike sound more like a V8 with Flowmasters.

To save some money, you could go with the Python Staggered pipes with Quiet Baffles. They are basically the same pipe as the V&H Big Shot Staggered, even made by V&H, but they're $100 cheaper. The only real difference is that you can't change the angle of the tips, which is no big deal in my opinion. I have them on my bike and love them.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
steveg56 said:
I love the sound of most 2 into 1's, but usually don't like the looks. I was hoping to get a similar sound out of a set of 2 into 2's....Is there such luck?
I like the looks of the Bassani Pro Streets, Samson BG3's sweepers, Rinehart flush...you get the idea.
I really liked my SEIIs and you can probably get a used set for a song. You could also think about Cycle Shack "M" series slip-ons and have your cake and eat it too. IMHO.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Bassani Pro Streets produce excellent performance and a deep business like sound...................loud when you get it on!!

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the VH bigshot longs w/ the power chamber.. essentially makes them a 2 into 1 pipe w/ the looks of the 2 into 2. Absolutely love em.. deep, throaty, loud when you get on it.. really mellow at cruising speed. got rid of my screaming eagles to buy them.. had em for 2 weeks..

·
DILLIGAF
35 Posts
BG3's

Go with the Samsons for sound, quality, and looks. Samson has had some problems in the past but in my opinion they got it right this time.

:Banadance

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
steveg56 said:
Check out d and d Fatcats with the false muffler on the left side. The sound and performance is excellent and I had to look real close to see that the false side was actually false. In fact I has to ask the owner about it. About $800.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Bassani Pro Streets produce excellent performance and a deep business like sound...................loud when you get it on!!

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ozzie In Arabia said:

All the best, Ozzie
I really like the looks of the Bassani Pro Streets, but am concerned about the discoloration of the pipes with no heat sheilds...or do they make heat sheilds for em? Can the sound be deep with such a short pipe?

·
Registered
755 Posts
steveg56 said:
I really like the looks of the Bassani Pro Streets, but am concerned about the discoloration of the pipes with no heat sheilds...or do they make heat sheilds for em? Can the sound be deep with such a short pipe?
They make heat shields for them but they are not included in the pipe price. You have to buy them for extra$$$. The pipes from the header down to the first weld will change color. No getting around that. So if that is going to bother you then get the shields.

As far as the sound question, the Bassani PS BARK LOUD AS HELLL. Really freakin loud. They sound like a freakin dragster when you get on it hard. I don't really call it "throaty" like a long-pipe sounds, but it is really deep all the same. I have yet to dyno them on my build but think that I will get around to it soon. I have heard that the performance is surprisingly good for a short 2-2 though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I second what ozzy and fire4 said... the Pro Streets are actually very pleasent on the highway at a steady throttle; very deep always, and very loud if you are like between buildings downtown. So far the discoloration is not unpleasent, a nice shiny gold color.
dyno sheet and pictures are posted in the appropriate sections.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
steveg56 said:
They do get hot..I had them for a short time and the inside of my leg would cook:yes:

But I did like the sound of them and the performance.:D

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I just put Bassani Pro Streets on my 114" build and absolutely love them. They look good and sound even better. Got a Nighttrain and went with the black coated so dont have to worry about discoloration.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
01fxstb said:
I just put Bassani Pro Streets on my 114" build and absolutely love them. They look good and sound even better. Got a Nighttrain and went with the black coated so dont have to worry about discoloration.

Thanks Guy's... Looks sweet! I might give them a shot. I was also really considering the new V&H's Stepped Drag pipes for my bike. I like the sound clips on V&H webpage. Anyone with any experience on these pipes??

·
Registered
16 Posts
ProStreets

I have DEI heat wrap on my ProStreet's header section. It definitely keeps the heat off, but works too well, and sends the heat and discoloration to the "muffler" section. As stated before, it's not unpleasant, just a little gold. You cannot beat the sound though.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I have the Cycle Shack Slip Ons with Thundermonster Baffle. Sound is really good with the Monster Baffles in em. Right now I left the full Cycle Shack Baffle in along with the Thundermonster baffles installed in the header pipes. Sounds really deep and powerful. When I get some time I am going to pull the cycle shack baffles out to see if I like the sound. If not I can put the cycle shack baffles back in after cutting the baffles to increase the sound. Cycle shack Slip ons are only $130 and Thunder monsters are $80. Good deal for the sound you can tune. I get alot of compliments on the sound. And cycle shacks are great 2 -2 pipes for performance.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
i might be switching to samson i have vance and hhines BSS on my bike now and am just not happy still to high pitched hopeing that samson bg3 will be a better pipe does anyone have any thoughts on this

1 - 20 of 22 Posts