V-Twin Forum banner

Where's the horse power?

3K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  LAF 
#1 ·
Here we go. A friend of mine has a 2004 Ultra, has a 95" BB with V&H duals, SE slip ons and SERT. He just had Andrews 26's with gears put in and dyno'd. Get this. He LOST 3 HP and gained 4 lbs/ft torque. Showing 68 HP and right about 80 tq. (I forget the exact number for tq) He still has decel popping from 2000 to about 1600 RPM's. This is after the "dyno tune". Where's the HP? He has stock heads, stock lifters stock pushrods. He should be making a heck of a lot more HP and torque, right? What do we do next kids? We need some help here, he's quite disapointed.

#27 ·
Geezer-Glide said:
What we are questioning is he had 70 HP before the 26G's and now has 67 HP. Yes the tq went up about 2 lbs/ft. He should be in the 80's on HP and the low 90's on tq. Where's the HP? Is it all in the SERT and the tech didn't know how to get it out? The AFR is right about 17:1 at first and settled in at about 14:1. Sounds lean to me, am I right?
17:1 is way lean! 14.1 is way lean except for lower throttle position and low rpm cruising in upper gears.

Lean is power but within reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.