V-Twin Forum banner

wheres the boat tail?

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  PowerCobra98 
#1 ·
Has anybody purchased one of the replica superglides? pics opinions?

#4 ·
I think it looks great. Would have one if my rich uncle would get out of the poor house.

#8 ·
Hey all, I purchased one, getting SE slip-ons, SE Stage One A/C with K&N filter, plus the download before I pick up the bike. Soon as I get it I'll post some pics and let ya'all know how she runs. December 1 is my target date for delivery

This forum has been a great source of information for me and I would like to thank everyone here.

#9 ·
VI66 said:
Hey all, I purchased one, getting SE slip-ons, SE Stage One A/C with K&N filter, plus the download before I pick up the bike. Soon as I get it I'll post some pics and let ya'all know how she runs. December 1 is my target date for delivery

This forum has been a great source of information for me and I would like to thank everyone here.

Congrats! I am looking forward to seeing it and hearing your comments! If I didn't already have a Dyna that I really Love, I'd buy one!

#10 ·
when we were in sturgis we stopped at the harley display at the civic center in rapid city.we were talking to the engineer types that were by the superglide and told them they should have went with the deuce rear fender and that they should tell willie g that people at the show were telling them that.a look of horror came upon their face that told us they was no way they would ever tell willie g that.the only thing one of them said was "that wouldn't be a good career move".seems willie"s the boss and everyone knows it.

#11 · (Edited)
bagga said:
when we were in sturgis we stopped at the harley display at the civic center in rapid city.we were talking to the engineer types that were by the superglide and told them they should have went with the deuce rear fender and that they should tell willie g that people at the show were telling them that.a look of horror came upon their face that told us they was no way they would ever tell willie g that.the only thing one of them said was "that wouldn't be a good career move".seems willie"s the boss and everyone knows it.
Great! I like the fender just as it is. Did they have anything else to say? I missed the exhibit, found out about it after arriving back in PA. :crying:

...and thank you rickr01, will post as soon as humanly possible!

#12 ·
Here's a pic of my my bone stock 35th fresh off the trailer. The bike comes pretty chromed out, I only expect to do the normal mods- slip-ons, air cleaner, pegs. Someday I'll put a better seat, sissy bar, and saddle bags so the wife can enjoy it too. ~!Awesome!

The uncanny cool thing is the Florida tag is red white and blue and matches the striping on the rear fender. (I don't have a pic of that yet)

#14 ·
Nice thanks for all of the cool pictures especially the riders view !!!

#15 ·
When I was at Club HOG the common thread was why not the boat tail or something closer , the HD guys there including one from the styling dept said he heard that a lot. Having had a superglide and loving the original I really like the anniversary , the local dealer has one . It's sweet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.