V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new (got my first Road Glide back in 10/05) Anyway, looking at going to Bike week for the first time. Where sould I stay? What's it going to cost me? What should I do besides ride all week long inthe Florida sunshine???:yikes:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Not to burst your bubble but be prepared to pay dearly for accomadations ($200 -$300 night).I live in Fla and when I go I will book a room about an hour south ($50-$60 night).As to what to do just go to Main St. or if you want it a little more mellower go out to the Speedway.Be careful as there are a lot of drinkers and riders there.Have fun!

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Joe - good luck finding a place to stay at this late date. From my experience most places are out or require at least a 3 or 4 night stay (prices are also hiked up).

I agree with FlaFatBoy - get a place outside of town and commute in. You'll love the drive anyway and you'll be staying all day. Also, if you want to see other things you can get away easier.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have been to the last 4 Bike Weeks/Biketoberfest. Never a need to make reservations. There are plenty of "Vacancy" signs posted at hotels directly on the beach. I have paid from a low of $90/night, to a high of $175/night for a room DIRECTLY on the beach, in Daytona Beach. Renting a room 50 miles out really gets to be a drag after the 1st day. The prices quoted on the website are for the "tourists".

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Look in the classifieds here, somebody (not me) has a time share for sale in Daytona.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
The new Daytona Harley dealership (which is actually in Ormond) is also a good stop - not the best dealer from a price standpoint, but a huge complex. They also usually have their own festivities with bands and other vendors. The place is over 100,000 sq ft and has a food court and motel!

The Orlando Harley dealer south of town on I4 also has Bike Week parties. Probably not worth the drive unless you are staying in Orlando.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
i will be in ormond beach with the family this year by coincidence and always wanted to check out bike week too. i plan on taking the wife into daytona and also the AMA superbike races too. im glad to hear there should be vacancies in daytona, i was hoping to leave the kids for a night with the inlaws and take the wife into daytona to get a little crazy. whats the speedway like, and where is it located. anyone ever see the superbike races, i always watch it on tv and would love to see it in person. any other attractions that i might take the wife to. leaving the bike back in michigan, to much to take the wife/kids and meet up with inlaws, then try to get some riding done. we are planning on taking kids to orlando too

·
Registered
267 Posts
Daytona Party.....NOT

Be prepared for a great party..... Oh sorry new rules;
Bike Week 2006

Office of the Mayor
P.O. Box 2451
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-2451

Dear Bike Week Visitors:...................In order to move toward our goals, the City’s Code has been amended to create several new laws, with which we would like you to become familiar. The first law has to do with public nudity.(NO FLASHING!!!)..................Therefore the second new law prohibits rapid throttle advance or “revving” of an internal combustion engine(aimed straight at motorcycles).......The final new law prohibits the carrying, or consumption of, alcoholic beverages in parking lots open to the general public within 100 feet of the State Road A1A right-of-way within the City of Daytona Beach.(No beer on main Street even in parking lot venues).

http://www.daytonachamber.com/vending/mayor_letter.html

So WELCOME TO BIKE WEEK,,,,,but no naked female parts, no motorcycle reving up & down Main, and no beer to watch or party. Yup, come down and spend your money at the new Wayne Neuton(SP?) party.

Probably going to FLA this year, but not downtown Daytona. Maybe the track, New Semerna Beach, and Orlando. Daytona, ya want me & my money, invite me back proper!!!!!

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Camera108 said:
Be prepared for a great party..... Oh sorry new rules;
Bike Week 2006

Office of the Mayor
P.O. Box 2451
Daytona Beach, FL 32115-2451

Dear Bike Week Visitors:...................In order to move toward our goals, the City’s Code has been amended to create several new laws, with which we would like you to become familiar. The first law has to do with public nudity.(NO FLASHING!!!)..................Therefore the second new law prohibits rapid throttle advance or “revving” of an internal combustion engine(aimed straight at motorcycles).......The final new law prohibits the carrying, or consumption of, alcoholic beverages in parking lots open to the general public within 100 feet of the State Road A1A right-of-way within the City of Daytona Beach.(No beer on main Street even in parking lot venues).

http://www.daytonachamber.com/vending/mayor_letter.html

So WELCOME TO BIKE WEEK,,,,,but no naked female parts, no motorcycle reving up & down Main, and no beer to watch or party. Yup, come down and spend your money at the new Wayne Neuton(SP?) party.

Probably going to FLA this year, but not downtown Daytona. Maybe the track, New Semerna Beach, and Orlando. Daytona, ya want me & my money, invite me back proper!!!!!
He!! that's the only reason I was wanting to go...Naked Female parts, Revving my SE Pro II pipes and Drinking a few Heinekens?prty:

Now it sounds like I'm going to be :yawn: with the old folks...:yawn: :yawn:

Just my usual luck once I can finally afford to do the good stuff somebody has to go and :badmood: on my parade!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts