V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious where people are mounting the PCIII? I have a 06 Road King Classic and when I lift the seat I see no room to mount the unit. I am thinking of purchasing one, but don't want it visible.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
If you want to see tight... take a look at the Dyna or V-Rod install directions. You need a shoe horn.

·
Sick Puppy
1,703 Posts
Lunker said:
If you want to see tight... take a look at the Dyna or V-Rod install directions. You need a shoe horn.
no kidding. thats why I was thinking of connecting a bluetooth transceiver to it to make it easier to download new information.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
csoday said:
Put it back on the shelf and get a SERT :D
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i agree. installed a PCIII today on a EG and damned what a pain to get it mounted so that it felt safe to let the customer have it back.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Lunker said:
Did you acually fit that thing where they say to install it? I ended up stapping it to the vertical frame member above/behind the transmission. The only problem with this is that you must rip everything apart to plug a PC into it. If you have a better solution please share it.

S.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
05FXDWIDEGLIDE said:
Did you acually fit that thing where they say to install it? I ended up stapping it to the vertical frame member above/behind the transmission. The only problem with this is that you must rip everything apart to plug a PC into it. If you have a better solution please share it.

S.
I wish I had a better answer for you... but the damn thing is crammed in that mess like the instructions show. Unfortunatey I have a Kuryakyn taillight control module stuck in there too. Without it there, it wouldn't have been so bad. I think you came up with a good solution. I'm not looking forward to the next time I want to upload a new map.

·
Registered
107 Posts
stealership got mine under the seat

the stealership put mine under the seat on my 06 fatboy. fits fine with no problems. maybe they took something out of there that i dont know that belongs there.lol:cheers:

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
hd-dude said:
Yep, behind the right side cover strapped to the ECM
@gree: where i have mine

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
starwalker98 said:
the stealership put mine under the seat on my 06 fatboy. fits fine with no problems. maybe they took something out of there that i dont know that belongs there.lol:cheers:
It's easier on the Softails (what else is new). You have a lot more room under the seat to fit it. I wonder if the right-side cover was do-able for me. Hopefully I don't have to think about it for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts