V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Shifter

merc1100sc said:
My bud is looking to buy an electric "air" style shifter for his 06 softail. Any input?
I would suggest Pingel.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
merc1100sc said:
My bud is looking to buy an electric "air" style shifter for his 06 softail. Any input?

Lewis Custom Cycles in Kentucky has the best pricing and has them in stock.
Ask for Ronnie Lewis 877-633-3395 or 606-672-2453.

I bought mine from him... Ships same day it's ordered.

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
If his bike is EFI and he has a Power Commander on there they have a shifter that plugs into the PC usb. You go in and set what RPM you want to shift at and twist the throttle if I am correct.

Shifter

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
umm,,, i think the power commander speed shifter only functions as a ignition interupter to momentarily unload the drivetrain allowing full throttle shifts, you still shift with your foot.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
merc1100sc said:
His has a SERT.

The Pingle Electric Shifter comes complete with everything, including hardware for installation. It has an adjustable ignition kill module. Easy to install just follow the detailed instructions (with pictures) step by step.

Took me approx. 1 1/2 hr from start to finish. Then went for a test ride....

Works GREAT......

I installed mine in July and use it everytime I ride without any problems. Upshift or downshift with the push of a button. Your still able to shift manually (with your foot) whenever you choose.

WORD OF CAUTION don't downshift in curves (rear wheel will lock up)

Chris from Daytona Twin Tec told me he had almost flipped a V-Rod he demo'ed with the Electric Shift on it when he downshifted by accident in a curve....

I personally haven't had that happen and I have downshifted and upshifted in curves. I did have the advantage of Chris's warning and I knew what to expect.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have one for sale

It is a Dale Walker, electric shift system. It worked fine on the bike it came from. I would sell it for $100. Email me if interested [email protected] and use "electric shifter" on the subject line. Friday

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
That sucks about the PC one. What is the solenoid for then, just to help with the shift?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I have a Pingel and a Klicktronic. Right now the downshift side of the Pingel doesn't work. The (my) Pingel is much more susceptable to rain than the Klicktronic. They may have fixed this by now but I haven't seen a new one lately. Both units work well. The Pingel did come with the ignition interrupt, the Klicktronic has it as an option. I couldn't get the Pingel interrupt to work well on my Buell so I just took it off. I don't use the shifters for racing, I need them because I'm a left leg above knee amputee. Once I get the Pingel fixed I'll be fine with either of them. I think the Pingel is a little cheaper than the Klicktronic.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
Dwight said:
I have a Pingel and a Klicktronic. Right now the downshift side of the Pingel doesn't work. The (my) Pingel is much more susceptable to rain than the Klicktronic. They may have fixed this by now but I haven't seen a new one lately. Both units work well. The Pingel did come with the ignition interrupt, the Klicktronic has it as an option. I couldn't get the Pingel interrupt to work well on my Buell so I just took it off. I don't use the shifters for racing, I need them because I'm a left leg above knee amputee. Once I get the Pingel fixed I'll be fine with either of them. I think the Pingel is a little cheaper than the Klicktronic.

Actually there just about the same price.....:hmmm:

I have the Pingel New Style and it's sweet

·
Hopalong
310 Posts
I had the Pingel all electric unit (kit # 77501) on an 05 sportster, worked well up to 7000 RPM- if I tried 7500 RPM shifts, it needed more kill time for some reason. Very street/strip friendly. Something like $870. Will up/down shift.
I used the electric/air shifter (845) and finally switched it to Co2 so I didn't have to keep filling it each round. Worked fine 'till the bike was stolen. I believe I had about $500 in that one. Upshift only.
Robin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts