V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
Where can I buy Cycle Shack slip-ons for my LowRider. Can I order them through Chicago HD and get the discount? Or is there a better way? I also want to know if I'm going to put the Cycle Shacks on should I just do a simple $14.00 rejet or buy the Dynojet package? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
bgo7 said:
Hey,
Where can I buy Cycle Shack slip-ons for my LowRider. Can I order them through Chicago HD and get the discount? Or is there a better way? I also want to know if I'm going to put the Cycle Shacks on should I just do a simple $14.00 rejet or buy the Dynojet package? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Brian
bgo7, you can order after market pipes/mufflers from your dealer but I'm not sure what the 20% discount from Chicago HD applies to. Cycle Shack used to make the Screaming Eagle mufflers. They are identical to the old SE but almost half the price. You can get them from so many accessory dealers but if you want to order them online you can order them from Dennis Kirk or just do a search for MC accessories. Don't forget that as you open up the exhaust that you need to open up the intake with a high flow filter to take advantage of the freeflowing mufflers for increased HP. I went with the Dynojet kit for the carb.

http://www.denniskirk.com/harley.htm

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought my Cycle Shack slip ons threw Dennis Kirk for $102.99. As far as the jet kit I would save my money.Go to www.nightrider.com this site will show you what jets you will need and the part number for the needle they recommend.Going this route is a lot cheaper than buying a "kit" Also I have heard the Arlen Ness Big Air Sucker air filter kit is a better design than the Screamin Eagle kit. Good Luck !!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Re: Cycle Shacks...

I would definately upgrade to the Arlen Ness Big Sucker and at least do the jets as per Night Riders reccomendations. I've had astounding results with the Dynojet Thunderslide kit.

If I wasn't currently running that pretty black powdercoated Hypercharger and Screamin' Eagle breather manifold setup I would pop for the Big Sucker and an evo style round cover. Still might do it if I decide to upgrade to a Mikuni. Great deal at Jireh Cycles on the HSR 42, $249.95 as per the ad in Feb. '02 issue of American Iron Magazine on page 77.

If my scoot didn't run so well with the modified Keihin I would do the Mikuni in a heartbeat. Just remember, the Mikuni may very well need rejetting and accelerator pump adjustment right out of the box. No big deal though, they are very tuner friendly.

Good luck with the upgrades...

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd go along with getting the cycle shack slip-ons @ Dennis Kirk.com, I've several things from them, including the slip-ons for my FXDX & the service has been good. You save sales tax in the process, almost like a discount.
As for the carb, I opted for the screamin' Eagle air cleaner, should have looked further and saved some money, but I'll keep what I got.
Both pilot and main jets are available from the same place for a whole lot less money than any of the kits. After some trial and error, I settled on a #48 pilot jet (up from a #45) and a #200 main jet(up from a #190) knock out the idle adjustment plug, it now starts, runs & idles great.
A Thunderslide or Yost power tube would add throttle response-I've tried them in the past-put I did all the above for under $10.00. Can't beat that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts