V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how or where can I get a Harley for MSRP or close to it. And my local dealer said that I can't get 2002's any more. This cant be right is it? thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find any '02's left in the dealers. I haven't seen any around here. If you can find a bike at MSRP, more power to you. I think the way to go is to hit the newspapers and find an 02 or 03 with no more than a thousand or so miles. You can usually get a decent price that way, and also maybe end up with a bike that already has some stuff done to it (stage one, or extra chrome). That's what I did at least. Then you can also talk the guy into writing on the title that he sold it for 8 or 9 grand, rather than 18 or 19, so you can save a bundle in taxes when you register it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just purchased a 2003 FLSTCI at MSRP from Hawkeye H-D in Iowa City Iowa.(waiting for delivery) they are nice people and easy to deal with. You will probably have to wait a little while though.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Just got my '02 Deuce from Paramount, Framingham, MA and they had a few more '02's left. Mass State Motor Vehicle Sales Tax is based on Kelley Blue Book value for private sales, and 5% of actual cash in the transaction for authorized dealer sales. (Sale price less trade in) How bad ya want a new Harley?:Dennis

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you are interested there are 2 new 2002 CVO Dyna Wide Glides at the dealer in Sturgis, Mi Hamlin's Harley Davidson He had them priced at $20,999 which I believe is $3,000 below MSRP

Big Dog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts