V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to change over to Amsoil in my bike today, but when I picked up oils at a local shop yesterday, there was no SVG for the tranny.
I did get a quart this stuff (see attatchment) but I can't find any info on it on Amsoils site, and can't find it in my book. Will it work? Should I use the
20/50 in the tranny instead until I can get some SVG??

Thanks
Brad

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
RideMyWideGlide said:
I'm getting ready to change over to Amsoil in my bike today, but when I picked up oils at a local shop yesterday, there was no SVG for the tranny.
I did get a quart this stuff (see attatchment) but I can't find any info on it on Amsoils site, and can't find it in my book. Will it work? Should I use the
20/50 in the tranny instead until I can get some SVG??

Thanks
Brad
Same Amsoil gear lube a lot of us use, 75-90.

o~\o

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok just wanted to make sure... Is this a predicesor to the SVG maybe??

Thanks

·
Life is short pray hard!
131 Posts
That's the right stuff just the old bottle and part number. I think it was late last year that Amsoil reformulated and/or relabeled some of their products including the motorcycle oils and gear lubes.

Hope this helps,
Starbound

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Starbound said:
That's the right stuff just the old bottle and part number. I think it was late last year that Amsoil reformulated and/or relabeled some of their products including the motorcycle oils and gear lubes.

Hope this helps,
Starbound
Thanks Starbound, I was going to go home, go out to the shop and look at the case of gear lube I just received last week. The bottle pictured DIDN'T look anything like the ones I received but I still have some of that old stock and was getting my bottles confused. Can you say I was having a brain fart.

o~\o

1 - 5 of 5 Posts