V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a little problem. I removed my CV carb to rebuild it and when removing these 2 pieces fell out of? a hose? the carb? I just don't know. Cannot find on a diagram of carb also looked at VOES but not sure. I might mention this is a Calif. bike. 98 FXD please help where did this (checkvalve??) come from.

Feeling way stupid right about now...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
The needle is the fuel inlet valve, sits on the tang of the float {allows/stops the flow of fuel}....the bushing goes in the top cover, under the bracket for cable{s}.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both wrong.. the needle is about 1/4th the size of the Harley needle valve. for some reason they had it in the overflow hose like a check valve.... I went to my local HD dealer and the parts guy says there is nothing like that in this shop. and the bike runs good. Now I need to do the stage 1 mods. get the 42 pilot and 180 main, needle etc...

I live in Ventura, cA so I am now talking with Dave Mackey about doing a megasphere kit to it.

Later dudes

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
If you are running a pipe, wouldn't you be better off with a 45 or 48 low speed jet. One of my bikes has the 45, and the other has the 48, both run well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, I just found the exact same brass bushing loose I think it was inside my top cover. Can't for the life of me think what it's doing there or where it goes back. You say it's part of the throttle cable bracket?

I know it's an old post, but almost freaked when I saw the pictures of the exact same bushing. Thanks.

edit update: Ok - the bushing is something to do with the top bracket the throttle cables hook to, just like fourcats stated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The top one looks like the float valve for a briggs and stratten, the bottom one goes in the top cover under the throttle cable bracket as stated above, (the other tree screws are shouldered).

·
Registered
9,236 Posts
The bushing goes in the bolt hole on the carb top where the throttle cable support bracket attaches to one of the front bolts that retains the top cover ( closest to the engine) look at the carb in the parts book at the 4 screws that hold on the top cover, the other part is not harley

·
Registered
34 Posts
The needle looks like the check valve for the a/c pump.
That is located under the brass a/c pump nozzle, that
sticks up from the float bowl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts