V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the thread on the Touring bikes 2k below MSRP. Great deal, but I am in Texas and PA is a long way away. Does anyone know any dealers with similar deals closer to me? I am thinking of flying to the wherever the dealer is and riding back home. My local dealers are full msrp plus freight, setup, etc.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Heritage is just south of Pittsburgh...and you're in luck if flying in on your Learjet...the county airport is right across the street.:D

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pittsburgh is only 1500 miles away. Sounds like fun during the summer, but probably a little cold right now.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
bdog1234 said:
I saw the thread on the Touring bikes 2k below MSRP. Great deal, but I am in Texas and PA is a long way away. Does anyone know any dealers with similar deals closer to me? I am thinking of flying to the wherever the dealer is and riding back home. My local dealers are full msrp plus freight, setup, etc.
You may find a deal within Texas. Just call all the dealers you can find a listing for and see who really wants to make a sale.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
you might try calling Ben Breece HD in Ottawa, Ohio. they are always MSRP and have free freight and set up. they sometimes in the winter have below msrp, I've seen an add in local paper on certain bikes. 419-523-4274

good luck and ride safe.

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
why would you buy anything from Barnetts? Unless you just like to pay several thousand over MSRP? And yes they are in El Paso TX. I'm in Amarillo and buying at MSRP. Got to be more dealers selling at or under if the local dealer here is.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Don't come to AR. The dealers here aren't even close to MSRP. I had to go to Forman's in Stillwater, OK to get MSRP. Heck, compared to what I'm used to the MSRP deal at Stillwater was great.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barnetts tells you themselves on their website that their prices are not the lowest, but that they have better interest rates so it works out to save you money. Problem with that is I am going to be paying cash, so I am looking for the lowest price.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
trmn8r-II said:
why would you buy anything from Barnetts? Unless you just like to pay several thousand over MSRP?
....and there MUST be people willing to pay more than MSRP :wacko:

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
xkvator said:
....and there MUST be people willing to pay more than MSRP :wacko:

yea obviously they are willing to or barnetts would have been gone a long time ago. yes they say their interest rates are lower so it works out I dont buy that. I financed at 7% through a bank here locally, I have really bad credit due to divorce and some issues that came with it. Could barnetts or anybody have saved me enough on interest to make up for 2 or 3 thousand over msrp? I dont know not a math whiz... can someone out there tell me how much 1% saved on financing $21500 over 5 year period... that would be a worst case terrible senario I grant you. I am borrowing 13,000 for 3 or 4 years havent signed papers yet so havent decided on term length yet. But just cant believe .5 or 1% would save 2 or 3 thousand dollars over the course of a loan.

Barnetts big draw is you can walk in and walk out with just about any bike in any color they make... they have a HUGE selection. Cant prove it but I would bet they have more inventory thany any other dealer period. So if your not willing to take whatever color your dealer has on the floor, and you cant make yourself wait a few months for them to get one in then yea I guess Barnetts may be the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
21k over 5 years
5.75% $24,213
6.75% $24,801
7.75% $25,398
9.75% $26,616

1% is not that much ,but going from 9.75 to 5.75 will save you $2403.

Your credit can't be that bad if you are getting 7% on a bike. I think that is top tier rate through HD. My credit is messed up from a divorce, and my score is around 650. The interest rate they qouted me was 11%. That is why I am saving up and paying cash.

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
bdog1234 said:
21k over 5 years
5.75% $24,213
6.75% $24,801
7.75% $25,398
9.75% $26,616

1% is not that much ,but going from 9.75 to 5.75 will save you $2403.

Your credit can't be that bad if you are getting 7% on a bike. I think that is top tier rate through HD. My credit is messed up from a divorce, and my score is around 650. The interest rate they qouted me was 11%. That is why I am saving up and paying cash.
well guess I better hope that when the bike gets here they stick with their word and it gets financed at 7%. Supposedly approved through a local bank for for $15000 @ 7% rate for up to 5 years if I want to go that long...dont know what Harley financing came back with they tried them as well and said local bank was better deal. Checked my credit after they had me approved and score came back 608 I believe...was very suprised I get the 7%. My credit is also screwed becuase of a divorce and the long 2 year seperation that led up to it ex wouldnt help with the 35000 in credit card bills so I was trying to pay them finally got sick of it and went and filed joint bankruptcy before divorce was done...figured I might as well drag her credit down with me if I went...now she's into drugs, no home, no car, no nothing...dont think she really cares right now what her credit score is LOL

·
Registered
274 Posts
trmn8r-II said:
well guess I better hope that when the bike gets here they stick with their word and it gets financed at 7%. Supposedly approved through a local bank for for $15000 @ 7% rate for up to 5 years if I want to go that long...dont know what Harley financing came back with they tried them as well and said local bank was better deal. Checked my credit after they had me approved and score came back 608 I believe...was very suprised I get the 7%. My credit is also screwed becuase of a divorce and the long 2 year seperation that led up to it ex wouldnt help with the 35000 in credit card bills so I was trying to pay them finally got sick of it and went and filed joint bankruptcy before divorce was done...figured I might as well drag her credit down with me if I went...now she's into drugs, no home, no car, no nothing...dont think she really cares right now what her credit score is LOL
I financed $7K on a $20K bike. Would of just paid for the damn thing but it is a wife thing and we have our own money for "toys" and I did not have enough in my "toy" account to cover the whole bike. Some of you married guys "understand" where I am at on this. I think she is still pissed that I sold her 350Z :) oh well. I looked on the Harley site and they said you would get around 7% for 72 months if you had good credit. My credit score is over 800. I plan on paying the bike off within a year but just incase I wanted some more toys before my personal "toys account" built back up I wanted to finance it for at least 60 months. Well they come back and tell me that they are giving me 7% for 60 months. I ask that with a credit score of over 800 why wasn't I getting 5-6%??? They said that is what it came back with. I got a great deal on the bike and didn't go for any of their extended warrantees so I figure they made some money on the interest rate. If I pay it off in less then a year it will only cost me a couple of hundred $$$. I guess what I'm saying is you can't trust the fiance guy so find out what bank they are using and contact them directly to confirm the loan terms and conditions. That way you won't be surprised. Good luck and enjoy your new bike.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
if your credit score says you're entitled to the lower rate...say 6%...and the dealer wants to make money on the financing...say 1%...= 7%

·
Registered
944 Posts
trmn8r-II said:
HEY, you must a married my EX.... Be glad she is GONE.....

·
~~Finder Of Paths ~~
203 Posts
minivan said:
HEY, you must a married my EX.... Be glad she is GONE.....

oh trust me I have never been so glad of anything in my life looking back in hindsight...didnt seem that way at the time... but now I am thankfull we didnt somehow try to get back together. Only crappy thing is, I got custody of my duaghter last september... now she is "trying" to clean up went begging her dad for help.. he got her in a rehab place in Lubbock... which is good for her and all and I wish my daughter and her could have some kind of a descent relationship and all but she has allready supposedly made the comment to one of her brothers that the "only reason she is getting cleaned up is to take me back to court and get custody of her daughter back." ... not gonna happen I dont think, no judge will give her custody after she failed to show up for temp. custody hearing, final hearing, been to rehab, cant show any job for last 4 years etc etc. but it still costs me money to fight it in court ... eating into my harley downpayment :badmood:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts