V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Nice thought! Currently my wife and I are planning on being put into the cylinders of a HD engine. All planned out thus far and the motor will be buried into a acrylic base with plaque. If nothing else, it should be a convesation peice for years to come. I've gotten a verbal approval from the cemetary (Odd Fellows Cemetery), but not a written one or if there's any legal problems with county etc..... I'll need to work on that. There was a question to do with the sealing process or wording about urns etc... must be buried at least 18" deep? Anyway, I've got some time to work the details out.
Flatline

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Flatline said:
Nice thought! Currently my wife and I are planning on being put into the cylinders of a HD engine. All planned out thus far and the motor will be buried into a acrylic base with plaque. If nothing else, it should be a convesation peice for years to come. I've gotten a verbal approval from the cemetary (Odd Fellows Cemetery), but not a written one or if there's any legal problems with county etc..... I'll need to work on that. There was a question to do with the sealing process or wording about urns etc... must be buried at least 18" deep? Anyway, I've got some time to work the details out.
Flatline
You and we hope you have some time to work the details out. Don't forget, you ride a motorcycle.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
Flatline said:
Flatline
Nice handle "Flatline"....kind of appropriate for the subject.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Interesting idea, sent to my OL. But for me, just throw me an old 40. No I am no urban cool, drinking four O, just old *******, with only couple bucks.

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
You may call me morbid or whatever this is plans for two very good brothers who have already gone for that final ride. I have (received from their OL's) a small amount of my bros ashes. When I paint my scoot within the year the ashes will be mixed with the paint. They will then ride where I ride. This is just my way of paying tribute to my bros.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
Chickenman said:
You may call me morbid or whatever this is plans for two very good brothers who have already gone for that final ride. I have (received from their OL's) a small amount of my bros ashes. When I paint my scoot within the year the ashes will be mixed with the paint. They will then ride where I ride. This is just my way of paying tribute to my bros.
Chickenman,
Nice idea. But I was thinking, what if in the future you have to repaint the bike, sanding away your friends? Or worse yet, the bike gets hit while parked and totaled? (Don't want to say you may ever be in an accident with Karma being what it is)
Why not place some of the ashes in some tubes and mount them to your bike? Or how about some of those stash tube pegs?
Just thinking....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts