V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tell me please

I looked at my work schedule and it looks like my long stretch of days off will fall about a week before the rally if I looked at it right. So, that would mean that I would have to take a slough of vacation time off work to go this year. But my ridin bro KrazyGG is going to be passing through Sturgis about that time and I just might take a quick ride up there to meet him. My question is: Is there anything going on a week early? How about places to stay, prices, ect. Just curious.

What's funny is that I saw the official rally date listed somewhere as the 5th of Aug. but also saw an event band schedule that said the first night scheduled to play was on Aug. 1st. Does that mean that there are early activities?

Later,

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
usually the week before around the middle part of the week, the town is already starting to get filled up. motel rooms will be hard to come by. not to mention that if you do get a room, they are expensive. that would excellent if you were able to come up and see it. it is definately a event you would not want to miss out on. i have said on numerous occasions how interesting it is, even for a local, to watch as the town works itself into something that looks almost like a circus. i say that because of all the venders. all the vender tents that go up reminds me of a carnival or something. then when you get the all the food venders going, the town as all these yummy smells that makes you wonder just what you will have to eat today.....lol:p its defiantely something you have to see to beleive and no amount of videos or still pics will do it any justice.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds cool...maybe the week before would be a good time to see it. Me and KrazyGG were just talking about his plans at work last night and i was thinking about how the week before was...if he could have gotton into this forum he might have asked here himself. I'm so spontainious that i will not know if i'm going until it gets closer. Sometimes I wake up on a blue sky day and decide" I'm leaving on my bike". Some of my most memorable trips have been an unplanned spur of the moment ride....That's just me I guess.

Thanks ginger, that helps

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Fifth - I've stayed in Hill City the week before the rally - not in sturgis so I can't comment what it's like there. There are bikes around but it's not quite the same. Unless you stay through at least August 3 or 4, you will not experience the magitude of bikes and the awesome thunder in all of the Hills!! In my humble opinion, that is. But, what do I know!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts