V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
When I was in the Air National Guard, I went to the base hospital because I cut my hand working on an airplane.

The Doctors were all in a meeting, but this Psychiatrist says, I'll clean it up for you. It didn't require stitches.

We got to talking and joking around and I ask him what makes people decide to make an appointment with him, in his private practice?

He said, sometime the whole family is nuts except for one person and that person can't get along with them and sometimes thinks that they are the weird one, so they come see him for advice on how to cope etc.

I think he was joking, but there is probably some truth to that.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
WideOne said:
When a 'parent' buys a gun for a mentally unstable 14 year old.^rolleyez^
Sometimes, a kid needs some disipline and some responsability to grow up. The parent may have meant well. She was still the owner of the guns, he was using them. If taught proper respect for weapons, he could have snapped out of it. Many kids need this kind of training. don't be so quick to judge by what you read in the papers. When these things happen, it is not with the parents' blessings, he went against thier rules.

Blame the kid, he was old enough to know what he was doing. The police DA will have a hard time proving intent, many kids dream of these things that they see on TV. When we were kids, we had plans for the "revolution", where we would go and how we would accomplish it. This was only a mental exercise and fantasy. I do not think that any of us actually planned on doing it

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I usually come to believe I am mentally incompetent within seconds of waking up. That 14 year old is not too far from here. If what the local papers have is anywhere near correct (all they are good for is the general direction the wind is blowing) there is no shine that can be put on that apple.

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,208 Posts
route66paul said:
Sometimes, a kid needs some disipline and some responsability to grow up. The parent may have meant well. She was still the owner of the guns, he was using them. If taught proper respect for weapons, he could have snapped out of it. Many kids need this kind of training. don't be so quick to judge by what you read in the papers. When these things happen, it is not with the parents' blessings, he went against thier rules.

Blame the kid, he was old enough to know what he was doing. The police DA will have a hard time proving intent, many kids dream of these things that they see on TV. When we were kids, we had plans for the "revolution", where we would go and how we would accomplish it. This was only a mental exercise and fantasy. I do not think that any of us actually planned on doing it
Uh Paul? Did you happen to see the cache of other weapons this kid had? Also, his father tried to buy the kid a gun, but was denied because he was a convicted felon (killed someone with his car when he was drunk). Yeah great home environment. I think you're way off in your assessment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts