V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'M WAITING ON MY OWNERS MANUAL. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY TOLD ME AT THE DEALER. ALSO DO THEY (DEALER) HAVE TO DO MY FIRST? IF I DO IT WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTEE? IF SO HOW MANY OF THEM DO I HAVE TO LET THEM DO? WILL IT VOID THE WARRANTY IF I DECIDE TO RUN MOBIL1? THANK YOU HERE IS A PIC OF MY BABY!!!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
02Fatboy,

1St scheduled change is at 1000 miles. If you do it yourself remember to document it and keep the receipts.

wyo

·
old timer
516 Posts
Let the dealer do the 1,000 mile service...there are other things they'll check. I always advise a 500 mile oil change so you can do that yourself.

manny

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would leave the first couple to the dealer. That way they can go through most of the bike to check all of the torque specs for the break in period.

Mobil 1 will not void your warranty.

Not proving that the oil change was done will void the warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 500 mile service is the most important service you can get, The bike is breaking in and sometimes things get out of wack. The 500 mile is designed to check the complete bike for faults and change all fluids. I would get at least the first service by a H-D Dealer

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
first service on a Fat Boy is 1000 miles...only the two springer softails have it at 500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts