V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... debated and debated and finally decided... Though I like the Performance Machine wheels, someone locally already bought them, so to be different, I bought a similar style wheel from Weld Racings Evo Motorcycle department. Its a bit less busy then the PM wheel and Weld has a good rep. Time will tell, 4-6 weeks until arrival. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good Choice!!!

I like the welds. Whta sizes did you get and how $$$$. I was looking at Rick's, but these are pretty sweet!!!

ROB

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, sizes were also a debate. I debated getting a 200 for a bit more width, but decided I did not want to modify the way it rides, which I am sure we all agree its a great handling machine. I love taking sharp curves and routinely scrape my footpegs and exhaust. Also, I do not want to cut or modify anything. So, I decided to play it safe and go with stock wheel size.

Price list is at the bottom as its a picture on their website. Rotors were about 160 bucks each, which is a good price. Their wheel prices are about the same as Performance Machine, but the rotors and brakes are cheaper.

Finally, checked with some other bike shops, a friend with a body shop and all said that the Weld wheels were awesome, os there ya go..

Heres a link to their website, they have 10 wheels listed , I would say 5 of them would look great on a V-Rod. Im sure ill report back in 4-6 weeks on how they look with photos, hopefully 4 weeks.

http://www.evomotorcycle.com/

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Reaper. Note the way the spokes curve and youll see where they got that name, the Grim Reaper :)

I looked at Ricks and seriously considered it. I wasnt too keen on the dots on the wheel, its too busy for the bike for my tastes, though I did think they looked good. I also was not keen on doing it overseas, exchanges, language barrier, what if theres problems, etc. There are so many awesome wheels here in the US, it seemed silly for me to go overseas, so I scrapped that idea.

OH, almost forgot! A REAL LIVE PERSON answered the phone and answered all my questions immediately. I asked about sizes, brake rotors and prices, wait time and a few other questions, ordered and was off in under 10 minutes. They are supposed to send a tracking email to me, waiting for that. Figured you might want to consider sales, service, etc. in your purchase.

Let me know how you make out.. Dont know how you guys do it with the cars. I bought a Prowler, had it supercharged, etc., but it took so much time to clean and maintain that my bike and regular car suffered, so I scrapped it. I think if I ever do it again, itll be a toy car like my old Miata, maybe a Z3 or something. 5 minute wash and I am done ;) Maybe I am just not enough of a car buff i guess...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welds wheel

Tim:

Good looking wheel.

Did you ever ask Weld on the weight of their wheel as compared to the stock wheel?

Are you going to be using the stock pulley or the Weld pulley?

Is the Weld rear pulley 70 or 72 tooth?

I know, I know .... question question question. . . .

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Welds wheel

Good questions... Bad answers... Nope, didnt ask. I cant believe they would be heavier, frankly I assumed they were not... ASSumed. Im using their pulley and again assumed it would be the same. Are companies making different pullies? One reason I assume is I thought they would mention on their website if the pulley was different from stock.

AWDNUT said:
Tim:

Good looking wheel.

Did you ever ask Weld on the weight of their wheel as compared to the stock wheel?

Are you going to be using the stock pulley or the Weld pulley?

Is the Weld rear pulley 70 or 72 tooth?

I know, I know .... question question question. . . .

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
70 or 72

Tim:

Reason I ask is because some outfitter like Eurocomponent is substituting the 72T stock pulley with 70T when you buy their wheel.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
I'm not the patiant type"5-6" weeks is way to long for me!Had my Rick's Wheels to my door from Germany in 3 DAYS! They do cost more but Boy are they Trick!Hope everthing works out for you,and they come when promised.
Kaz...............

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 70 or 72

Im thinking I should keep my mouth shut here, but thats not my style. I looked at Eurocompnents stuff when they released the wide tire kit and more early on and was told by friends and those with custom bikes to stay away from them. I have yet to meet, or see anyone here, using their products.

Again, I can only say what I have heard, its not fact.. I know Euro also made a new second gear for more top end and other parts, so possibly they had a reason for doing that which fit into their whole custom V-Rod package?

AWDNUT said:
Tim:

Reason I ask is because some outfitter like Eurocomponent is substituting the 72T stock pulley with 70T when you buy their wheel.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Superkaz, I am with you, but...

Im in Central NY, we average 160+ inches of snow a year, we really dont get riding much until April and not really for sure until May since theres a lot of salt left over on the roads which can be very dangerous. This year has been heavy, we just went through a stretch where we all got at least a few more feet, average temp now is about 20-30 in the day and close to 0 at night :( Yes, someday I am moving. ;)

So, 4-6 weeks I got :)

SuperKaz said:
I'm not the patiant type"5-6" weeks is way to long for me!Had my Rick's Wheels to my door from Germany in 3 DAYS! They do cost more but Boy are they Trick!Hope everthing works out for you,and they come when promised.
Kaz...............

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
M/A
Well $hit you have some time to kill!It's been in the high 60's and low 70's here in Vegas just about the whole winter!It has rain about a inch this week though .We only got 1.25 inches all last year!Patients is not one of my Strong Points"but I'm worken on it"!I guess with the long cold winters you have time to do some mods and not worry about down time!Those prices seem pretty good I think the Ricks were 1500-1800 a piece with out rotors or pulley.Those wheels look nice,but do they have the matching rotors and pulley?They look very "clean"!
Good luck,
P.S Had'nt heard from you in awhile!
Kaz...........

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, they have matching rotors and pulley. The pulley was in the 500 range and the brake rotors about 160 each or so. Not bad pricing if you compare to the best out there, Ricks and PM, for example.

Ive been around, just not posting as much, sort of the winter blues :( But, been trying to get the bike ready and have been working with local HOG group planning rides and the like :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.