V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking opinion here (oh boy!!!). Actually looking for ideas.

I have a Colbalt Blue Street Glide on order. Also just bought a stock Street Glide wheel off ebay. Would like to chrome it or powdercoat it a color that would look good on the bike (dark or medium blue, titianum silver....). Opinions????

Thought about just ordering a wheel, but this would make it even more unique.

Thanks
skip

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
harleyjsb said:
get spokes
So it will look different than everyone else who runs spokes????? Thanks for answering, but "spokes" isn't part of the answer for me.

The reason I asked for ideas, is that I bought this "take-off" stock front wheel, so I could keep riding and have the wheel done to look different than the other Street Glides with stock wheel or optional spokes.

I have not seen this wheel chromed, but again it would be sort of a normal or usual change. I am thinking of powdercoating the wheel but don't want butt ugly just to be different.

Just looking for ideas or suggestions to apply to this stock rim.

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
A while back I saw some RK Custom wheels that had been machined first and then chromed. Looked real nice. Saw em on ebay, but haven't seen them since. The machining took off all of the rough cast so they looked smooth all over. Good luck.
Jerry

·
Registered
11 Posts
I completely understand why you don't want chrome or spokes. Why not powder coat and add a pinstripe? Maybe a cream color on the wheel and a blue pinstripe that matches the bike.

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts