V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tryed almost everything to clean my wheels on my ultra and they
all seem to leave a haze or creamy look to them when i am done .

·
Free agent
795 Posts
I have been using Bike Brite to clean the wheels on my RK Classic and I have found that they end up with no residue whatsoever! The S100 cleaning products seem to leave the same residue that you are speaking of. I'm not sure if you have tried Bike Brite, but it does work well.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
Just used a product called "Luster Lace" for my chrome spokes. Holy $hit did it do a nice, fast, awesome polish job! For cleaning spoked wheels, I give it a huge :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Just used a product called "Luster Lace" for my chrome spokes. Holy $hit did it do a nice, fast, awesome polish job! For cleaning spoked wheels, I give it a huge :thumbsup:
Anybody carry it like bike shops or auto stores (PepBoys) or is it a mail order only kind of thing?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been using this stuff called purple power on my wheels and rims. Cleans brake dust makes them shine like new. Not an actual wheel cleaner but works better than any wheel cleaner I ever used.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
Luster Lace

Anybody carry it like bike shops or auto stores (PepBoys) or is it a mail order only kind of thing?
I found it on eBay. You can google it and find it in quite a few places. However, I found one can on eBay (3' length) for a mere $5. I only use it for the spoked wheels, and it requires a 3-4" strip per wheel. I figure for $5, it should last me a good 5 years! I use "Blue Wenol" polish on all the other chrome goodies....................

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I found it on eBay. You can google it and find it in quite a few places. However, I found one can on eBay (3' length) for a mere $5. I only use it for the spoked wheels, and it requires a 3-4" strip per wheel. I figure for $5, it should last me a good 5 years! I use "Blue Wenol" polish on all the other chrome goodies....................
Cool. I was hoping to find it locally because I have a show beginning of Feb and would like hit the wheels better. I might be cutting it close by the time I get something shipped out to me (eBay or mail order)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess I m going to up date this myself. I had purchase a 04 fatboy with the mags that came with it. I had to replace the front and rear pads. But it seem that this person never clean the bike?

So I try E-mailing simple Green about it, got no answer.

So I did try it with a brush. It did take most off. But since they are mags, I am going to use my power washer next to gee the rest off. Cover up the brakes first and then blast away.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
be careful with a pressure washer around the bearings you can cause yourself alot of problems , at least thats what I have heard I have never done it myself just use pressure around the bearings with care .

LoneEagle

·
Registered
27 Posts
I try the Simple Green, it did take a lot of it off. But still there, I will be careful when power washing, thanks for the tip. I was going to cover up the brakes assy anyway. It is not a powerful washer. But strong enough.
I notice the aluminum wheel has some pits. My other two has the chrome wheels and mags. They hold up better.

But I did get an answer from Simple Green mention to use Simple Green Pro HD, they mention that Boeing use it on the planes. But again, Planes don't get brake dust.
Thanks to all inputs.
TL

·
Registered
174 Posts
The best thing I have found was to wet the tires with warm soapy water, spray liberally with "Bleach Brite" then use a Mr. Clean "Magic Erase pad" (the heavy duty one). Add some minor elbow grease and they come out very nice.

Stand for Something or Fall for Anything

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I second Mike here, my local dealership had this and the bike I bought had bad spokes and this is making them 100% better. Labor intensive but worth it!! LOL
2002springer

·
" just love to ride "
241 Posts
Try s100 chrome soap.works two ways,1. wash chrome and rinse off 2.wash chrome and let dry,it makes it's own paste,i usually let it dry once a year just to treat my chrome,does a really good job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts