V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a RK that he just put 18's on. He also moved up to a 150 on the back end without a "fat" tire kit.
I was looking at performancemachine.com and like some of the 18's on there for my FatBoy. Any issues/opinions with moving to 18's? How about moving to a 150 in the rear? (BTW - I like the Trinity design)

·
Registered
409 Posts
He also moved up to a 150 on the back end without a "fat" tire kit.
I was thinkin' of doing this to my Standard.
Can it be done safely?
My dealer says you should always put the W/T kit on but then again he makes money out of it.
I need independent advice here:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
150 tyre

Hi 94c4 what dealer are you using ? WARRS or STADIUM? Check out some independents, like Snobs at Hanger Lane Roundabout www.snobscustoms.com , I had a 150/80 Avon Venom x on the rear and a mh 90x21 on the front ,put on my bike 2001 FXSTB , local hd dealer wanted £270 for the job . I went to a local independent shop here in Sussex and he ordered the tyres for me, mount and balance for £170 , I removed and installed the wheels myself and brought them to him. you don't need the wide tire {tyre} kit for a 150 on the new bikes just turn around the fender support bolts and put some chrome acorn nuts on them . i prefer the Avons to the Dunlops but you can get 150 dunlops from the dealer if you want . Later !!:D

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
FatTires

In the Harley Parts catalog in states the Fat Tire kit comes with a remachined caliper what's the story with that?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I have a 2000 softail and ran a 150 on it for awhile without the w/t kit and did'nt have any problems. The only thing you have to do is cut the fender strut bolts off or reverse them and use acorn nuts on the outside. But be careful I got too use to looking at the 150 and went to a 240. But the w/t kit on a 2000 and up bike is not needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts