V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm honestly quite interested in this subs opinion on HDs, and how they can be backed up with evidence. It seems that everyone on reddit has a very strong opinion of Harley Davidsons one way or another, and I'd like to know why.
Personally, I don't think they're very special, and I think they can be problematic, and yet I'm looking at buying one. I'd be very interested in knowing anyones opinion on the matter, and why the believe that, especially if they can show evidence for it.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
So, what your saying is. You want to know why a owner of a Harley scooter likes them and you want them to back that up on why they like them?

·
not sober all the time
5,249 Posts
What's your opinion on Harley-Davidsons, and how can you back it up???
1) They are heavy.
2) I'm getting older and it's getting harder to back up my Harley-Davidsons, especially on an incline. They should have a reverse.

Thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Well, if you don't think they are "very special and they "can be problematic", why would you be interested in purchasing one?? When you can answer that question and show evidence as to why you would want a Harley Davidson, then you might understand why we like them.
Asking for evidence as to why someone likes something doesn't make sense. One might like the color blue over the color red and so he will pick the blue one. That's not evidence, just opinion over likes and dislikes.
If I were to say it "sounds good, looks good, feels good, is good", that's just my opinion, not evidence. Don't need to "back it up".

·
Registered
126 Posts
The original poster has posted three times. Once, he said he had a sportster. Then he said he was a HD salesperson. Now he questions harleys in general. Take this post for what its worth. He says he's from Norway but the flag next to his name says he's posting from somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
1) They are heavy.
2) I'm getting older and it's getting harder to back up my Harley-Davidsons, especially on an incline. They should have a reverse.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: perfect answer!

·
Super Moderator
19,568 Posts
I'm honestly quite interested in this subs opinion on HDs, and how they can be backed up with evidence. It seems that everyone on reddit has a very strong opinion of Harley Davidsons one way or another, and I'd like to know why.
Personally, I don't think they're very special, and I think they can be problematic, and yet I'm looking at buying one. I'd be very interested in knowing anyones opinion on the matter, and why the believe that, especially if they can show evidence for it.

Not a question that can be answered in a forum. Harley is a life style as much as it is a motorcycle.

Stop messing around online, and go out and live a little of it for yourself. It's not for everyone.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,775 Posts
Not a question that can be answered in a forum. Harley is a life style as much as it is a motorcycle.

Stop messing around online, and go out and live a little of it for yourself. It's not for everyone.
But he has! He's a HD salesperson, has a 1200 Sporty, and has had the most fun he ever had riding his V-rod.

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum, so a quick intro is in order. I'm Alex from Norway, currently riding a 2003 XL53C that was converted to 1200cc by the previous owned with a Screamin Eagle stage 2 kit.This is my first bike, and my first Harley, so I'm quite new to this (this is my second season on it).

I was wondering if anyone with a converted 883 could answer me about what their RPM is like on a highway.The previous owner of this bike did nothing to the gearing ratio, so they're quite short. I usually shift to fifth at around 80-90 km/h (50-55 mph), and go with the fifth from there. When I'm starting to get close to 100kmh (60mph) and above, it sounds like the engine is in REALLY high rpm (not sure how much, but I would guess about 4000-5000rpm). It might be because it's loud that it feels like this, but I'm not sure.So basically, I rarely go over 110 kmh (65mph) because it sounds like the engine is going to explode on me...
Being an HD Salesperson, I get to hear so many sides of every bike out there. It seems like the most criticized is the V-Rod. Obviously it is the biggest departure from traditional HD styling and technology out there. So many of my customers just rip it to shreds. Then, I always pop the "oh, yeah that's what I ride" line and they always quickly scramble to make up for what they said.
So, having the anonymity of the Internet and not a person you are hoping will give you a great price on your next ride, what are your honest thoughts on the V-Rod? I'd love to hear from other Harley owners too. If you hate it, why? It's one of the most reliable machines that HD has ever produced.
It's the most fun I've ever had on a bike. I've had 6 sportbikes previous to this and they still don't compare to the fun I get riding this bad boy!
Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Its as simple as you like what you like and don't like what you don't like. No explanation neccesary really. No one owes anyone any explanation for that choice? Don't need to defend or justify their prefence either. Better phrased would be why do you prefer HD? Or even why do you like about HD? Maybe your understanding english is bad?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Harley's don't have reverse so I back it up by placing both feet on the ground while in the saddle, grab the handlebar grips, pull with both hands and try and walk backwards. Because dressers are so heavy the trick is, if you intend to back up, try to park either on a flat surface slight incline so backing up is easy to do. That's how I back it up.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
1) They are heavy.

Yup!

Otherwise my opinion is like an arse hole, just about everyone has one. And there is no backing up an opinion or personal preference.

With two posts I'm smelling troll.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
But he has! He's a HD salesperson, has a 1200 Sporty, and has had the most fun he ever had riding his V-rod.
Interesting find, user name of David but posting that he is Alex??? Now I'm not smelling troll, but smelling spam, maybe one of you mods will fire up the torch and we can smell grilled spam.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, if you don't think they are "very special and they "can be problematic", why would you be interested in purchasing one?? When you can answer that question and show evidence as to why you would want a Harley Davidson, then you might understand why we like them. word counter
Asking for evidence as to why someone likes something doesn't make sense. One might like the color blue over the color red and so he will pick the blue one. That's not evidence, just opinion over likes and dislikes. VidMate
If I were to say it "sounds good, looks good, feels good, is good", that's just my opinion, not evidence. Don't need to "back it up".

thankyou people!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
If he's posting from India my bet is he's an Indian HD salesman looking for ideas to rock his next review so he can get a job as a 'manager' and marry the girl of his dreams. Doesn't matter what he manages as long as he has the title. Such has been my experience with the males of India.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.