V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being an HD Salesperson, I get to hear so many sides of every bike out there. It seems like the most criticized is the V-Rod. Obviously it is the biggest departure from traditional HD styling and technology out there. So many of my customers just rip it to shreds. Then, I always pop the "oh, yeah that's what I ride" line and they always quickly scramble to make up for what they said.
So, having the anonymity of the Internet and not a person you are hoping will give you a great price on your next ride, what are your honest thoughts on the V-Rod? I'd love to hear from other Harley owners too. If you hate it, why? It's one of the most reliable machines that HD has ever produced.
It's the most fun I've ever had on a bike. I've had 6 sportbikes previous to this and they still don't compare to the fun I get riding this bad boy!
Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it woulda been a great bike & fantastic seller if it had been made better looking;looks good up to the seat, then it all falls apart. Same with the Deuce. They DO sound great; rode one once; pretty fast, but no torque. Best looking is the Muscle.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I've never rode one so I can't really give an honest answer. But as for it's looks I wasn't sold. Then again.
But that's just my taste.
I think that it was such a departure from the traditional look that it turned a lot of riders off.
Still wouldn't mind riding one to get past the visual assessment,

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
here is my brief version.... rode and serviced about 18-20' vrods... performance was all over the board even on bone stock models...
gauge cluster pointed at my belt buckle,, it was impossible for me to see the gauge cluster.. (6'8").. bars were too far forward,, too short,, just plain uncomfortable.. foot pegs were wierd as well.. brakes were good..
overall it felt like I was riding a 69 honda 750.. it felt more Asian than harley.. felt to me like is was a rolling compromise... I still cant say if I liked the look of them... the destroyer was fun...

one of my clients,, bought 1 of every 2003 anniversary model,,

having said all of that,, for the right price,, I would have bought one... just to see how quick I could have made it,, while keeping it streetable..

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
One of my best friends has one and the thing will scream but I hate the way it handles, my 2019 limited will out handle it 2 to 1.
I've never seen one blowed up either, they are good engines but in the wrong format, imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts