V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At dealer today and they have a couple of Fat Bob's. One is a 2017 with only 2K miles on it.Wants $10K for it.
Is there something annoying,distasteful or something that makes someone trade them in with only 2K miles on them? What would be a decent price for it?

Regards,

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought my 03 Fatboy in 2019 to give my Dyna a rest the FB only had 2006 miles on it... the previouse owner fell off a roof and ended up brain damaged in 2008 so the bike sat in a shipping container he used as a shed for 10 years

·
Registered
929 Posts
In the 90's, when there were NO bikes in stock and a year waiting list, I rode with alot of first time riders in there 50's and 60's that had NO business on a bike, but were into the Harley mystique... We NEVER let them ride behind us and they found out they really weren't into riding... As said above, ALOT of bikes sold to people who should never had purchased one and they just sat in garages...

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I'm not a dealer kind of guy. I have found way better deals by hunting around for used bikes..

·
Registered
16,115 Posts
That and repops. Dealers around here don't even seem to want trade in's. They get all the used scooters they need for less at the repop lot.
I've wondered how to get access to those.

I've also seen a lot of folks upside down trying to sell their scooters. Figured that would happen.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,932 Posts
I've wondered how to get access to those.

I've also seen a lot of folks upside down trying to sell their scooters. Figured that would happen.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Here in PA, just open a scooter store and get your dealers licence. Or get some suction with someone who already did that.

Or like one bandit did, open a hi risk loan company and get tied in with some dealers. Then hold sham auctions and buy repop the scooters for yourself. Sell em in your cousins scooter store, or ship them back home to Poland as scrap metal.

·
Registered
16,115 Posts
Or like one bandit did, open a hi risk loan company and get tied in with some dealers. Then hold sham auctions and buy repop the scooters for yourself. Sell em in your cousins scooter store, or ship them back home to Poland as scrap metal.
Too bad I'm not Polish. :)

Just checked. Getting a dealer's license is worse than applying for an FFL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts