V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my scoot up here with me in PA and I take a 200 mile ride today. Not another friggen scoot out there that I saw. What's up with you people. You gonna let a southern boy show you up??:whistle:

·
Ride It, whatever it is!
244 Posts
Hey I'm in PA and I was out. I went to the dealer, oh shitt, sorry I took the car. My balls get too cold in this weather, do they make something for that. The wife's hands would be good, but her fingers may start to cramp after a while.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
vafatboy said:
I get my scoot up here with me in PA and I take a 200 mile ride today. Not another friggen scoot out there that I saw. What's up with you people. You gonna let a southern boy show you up??:whistle:
you can always come back down here to ride. John and I are going to be back on the road before you know it, Jeff's always in and I'm sure Chris will be back one day or another. Of course we can't forget all those that have tagged along recently. Come on back where you belong.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Where in PA are you (I know you've posted it, but I forgot)?

I'm in Delaware....I did some yard work then did about 30 miles. 43 and windy is still pretty cold. I can't wait for shorty gloves, 1/2 helmet (or no helmet), and no chaps.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
John and I are going to be back on the road before you know it...
:hmmm: ...do you have a military connection in Az. that could get your packages on a flight to D.C?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
vafatboy said:
You gonna let a southern boy show you up??:whistle:
I don't think they have any choice :cool:

Where are you in PA? Maybe we can plan a ride where the Delinquents can come up your way. :chopper:

If you're gonna stay in PA, we need to get a Nomad rocker for your VTF Delinquents patch :)

BTW, I did a little over 200 miles yesterday. I rode down to the motorcycle show in Richmond. 37F when I left at 11 am, a balmy 44 F when I got back home ~ 4pm. :Banadance

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
xkvator said:
:hmmm: ...do you have a military connection in Az. that could get your packages on a flight to D.C?
[email protected]!!! why didn't I think of that before. maybe next time.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wyodude said:
I don't think they have any choice :cool:

Where are you in PA? Maybe we can plan a ride where the Delinquents can come up your way. :chopper:

If you're gonna stay in PA, we need to get a Nomad rocker for your VTF Delinquents patch :)

BTW, I did a little over 200 miles yesterday. I rode down to the motorcycle show in Richmond. 37F when I left at 11 am, a balmy 44 F when I got back home ~ 4pm. :Banadance

Sinker, WYO

I'm in Lehighton, about 25 miles north of Allentown.

It would be great to get the Delinquents up here. We could meet midway, somehere around say Harrisburg or Dillsburg.

Maybe we could get some VTF members up here to join in.

When I headed out yesterday it was 25 degrees or so, high was 39. Gotta tell ya all was good except for my hands. Stopped at the dealer in Snydersville and got some gloves and liners. After that all was good.

Bike loved that cold weather and was runnin strong.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
xkvator said:
Don't worry...UPS will be gentle...:unsure:
I sure as hell hope they'll be gentle. I have to say they have never damaged anything that I've sent or recieved. I'm confident they will get them here in an undamaged state.

·
it wasn't me
340 Posts
I put 200 miles on yesterday, 30F in the morning on the way to a friends house, 42F on the way back late evening. Once you get used to the cold, it feels great. I only saw two other bikes.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
vafatboy said:
Sinker, WYO

I'm in Lehighton, about 25 miles north of Allentown.

It would be great to get the Delinquents up here. We could meet midway, somehere around say Harrisburg or Dillsburg.

Maybe we could get some VTF members up here to join in.

When I headed out yesterday it was 25 degrees or so, high was 39. Gotta tell ya all was good except for my hands. Stopped at the dealer in Snydersville and got some gloves and liners. After that all was good.

Bike loved that cold weather and was runnin strong.
I'm all over Pa in the summer...I'll be hollarin' to meet up and I'll drag some delinquents along!!!

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
York anyone?

Sounds like a good idea been too long since we've rode on New Years Day. My sister used to live in Fleetwood near Reading so I'm familiar with the area. How about we meet for a factory tour in York? We could make a side trip to Intercourse and or Blue Ball just for kicks!

I managed to get a good ride in today as I tried out my new toy, a Garmin Street Pilot 2730 which works great with the new H-K radio.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Is anyone else surrounded by all these salt patches??? I feel like I'm entrapped. C'mon rain!!! Clear the friggin way. I'm all dressed up and can't leave the garage.:thumbsdn:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Rock Steady said:
Is anyone else surrounded by all these salt patches??? I feel like I'm entrapped. C'mon rain!!! Clear the friggin way. I'm all dressed up and can't leave the garage.:thumbsdn:
Salt...is salt slippery? Normally I average about 2-3k in the winter...

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Nope. Salts not slippery. Salt it chrome destructive, engine pitting, and paint peeling. Something I'm just not willing to deal with right outta the box. Plus you live just one state above of my original home. We don't get real winters down there.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Stan
I was looking at the pic of your bike in the driveway and your street looks pretty white from the salt.
we've had some hard rain here, south of Pgh...the roads are fairly clean, but they do mix cinders with the salt, so you have to be careful.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
Never thought I'd be praying for rain as a motorcycle enthuaist. But if I get a dry cold spell from here to April. I'm basically as stuck as ice being everywhere. I can't win...:nope:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts