V-Twin Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
03FLSTCI I know by now you are chompin at the bit to ride, My RKC is coming early Nov. All my coworkers are acting really wierd about my decision on which bike to get. I'm the one who's riding, and they all seem to know which bike is the best to get. Did I mention none of them ride? As soon as my wife(bless her Harley lovin little backside) gave her official okey dokey for the finances for this endeavor,(come on, you guys know it's easier with permission no matter how hard a$$ you try to be) and the down payment was cheerfully made to the MOCO, the jealousy and animosity of those who don't ride and those who honestly believe that they are going to save you from some terrible tragedy came out of the woodwork. Sure, some of my bros, mostly from Northern CA., were psyched about my bike and want me to ride back next summer. But most of the people I know around here, (Morgan Ut.) are still trying to feed me tales of doom and gloom. Jelousy doth raise it's fearfull head. I know of a few more bikers in town. So I figure there is safety in numbers. The mindset in this area is so driven by the "faithful" that anything different is wrong. Hopefully that can be changed with my Northern CA attitude. Ride Free, Ride Safe

· Registered
202 Posts
As they say "if ya gotta explain, they just wouldn't understand". There's a biker friendly lil town here in NE Ohio that a bunch of us hang out for a spell on weekends. We always see the yuppiescum daddies in their bemuda's and nasty-ass feet hanging out of a pair of sandels pushing a baby carraige looking longingly at the scoots thinking to themselves "I wish I had a Harley, I wish I had a Harley". Go for it bro', they're just jealous. Once you get yer scoot you'll have a whole new circle of friends anyway.

-jeff

· Registered
3,589 Posts
19 years of wanting one.

I have wanted a Harley since I was a little kid. Things happend like a wife and kids. But it's on order now and the wait is killing me.

I have not told mom or dad yet, I know they will say I'm crazy and I have a family and all that B.S. Both my brothers are jelous though. Both have asked if I'll let them ride it. I told them sure, put 21K in my hand while your riding it so if you scratch it I can get a new one.

Wife never gave me the ok. Wife did get sick of seeing me longing for a bike. She had always said no every time in the past. Last month she did not say no, but in the same sentance she did not say ok. So I wnet and ordered it. She is all right with it cause in her mind she never said yes but she also did not say no.

I get one of two type comments at work. Either the I wish I could get one, or the your crazy and will get killed type.

It sure seems like the end of November will never get here.

· Registered
7,269 Posts
I don't understand this, "OL, Wife, SO, ect, etc, won't let me get a bike" shyt? Do you guy's leave your balls in the milk box before you go into the house? Been married for 20 years to my best friend. I have never had to "ASK" for anything, nor has she! IMO, if you have to ask, you really don't need it!:D

953 Posts
I have been riding to work on my jap bike for about 6 months, well the wanting finally got the best of me and I went out and got me the nicest deuce I could find. Now my coworkers that used to want to ride all the time don't want to ride with me any more! They sneer things like, you think you are better than us, ect. Now I can truly say I know what my harley riding friends were saying when they welcomed me to ride with them when I still rode the jap bike. It's all about the ride! Not what you ride. I knew I wanted a harley, and riding with them just made it worse. Now that I have mine I want to ride, with everyone, I don't care if they have a jap cruiser. I guess it is jealousy like y'all say. They're loss is all I can say! Me, I am gonna ride!---Rob

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Excellent viewpoint Rob

· Registered
51 Posts
benifit of doubt

ever heard of panel shops !you know the ones with spray booths...pick a colour any colour:) she might be telling the truth about her boyfriend,a mate of mine bought a vrod,he picked it up and rode it straight to another mates panel shop in a week it was purple with flames.
some people have money ,and then there's the filthy rich,bastards i say,but they do come in handy for loans........ride safe

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.