V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
logical said:
It's better than the "Oh no, they are so dangerous...my cousin Edna's neighbor's son was killed on a motorcycle after he got back from Vietnam".

I got this from my mom because I was named after dad's friend who was named Nelson. He was killed while riding a harley. Stepdad told her I was a good driver(he taught me) and that he thought if I wanted one, I should get one. Never got to take him for a ride before he passed away. :(

sure glad i didn't marry one of those kill-joy wenches Me, too. :D Mine told me to either get a bike or shut up. She was tired of me going on about it after 17 years :D

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Originally posted by conetail I to noticed at work some weird feelings about me ordering a 03 Fatboy due in Oct. One guy said, I heard you ordered a fatboy, yes, then he said you know you are going to drop it. I said I hope not and dont plan on doing it. One guy said no way you can't pay for it. I think there are 2 kinds of people, 1 that are happy for you and 2, ones that are plain jealous. They tell me all the time when someone is killed are hurt on one.I myself am happy for people when they are happy.
MAN, these kind of 'friends' none of us need.

· Just Like to Ride
2,664 Posts
Harleygirl64 & HarleyHottie, You're under NO OBLIGATION to let anyone ride your bike besides your SO. And if they didn't have balls to ask your SO to ride his, they sure as hell shouldn't ask to ride yours just because 'you are a woman'. I bet they wouldn't let someone test ride theirs if they were selling it. And the analogy about the old lady is COOL.

If someone asked me to ride my bike, I'd also have to say no. I've even had people tell me to ride theirs to see what it was like and I don't do that. Hell, I don't want to take a chance on dropping their bike and getting someone pissed at me. Had friend get pissed at me back in 1980 because I was driving his car and someone ran into it while I was stopped(not my fault). We haven't spoken to each other in years(no great loss IMHO).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.