V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the fence for at 08 FLHRC (really like those ABS - brakes)

Looking in the P&A's catalog it is pretty evident that you can get a lot LESS goodies for 08's than you can for earlier years...

Examples:

Combination speedometer/Tach ... Earlier available in multipy variations .... Now - NONE !

Seats: Earlier - a lot different available.. Sundowner available with RKClassic and RKCustom sticting - and "Smooth" And, and and... Now only "Smooth" are availabe

Chrome front end kit... Available for 08's - but not if you have ABS

Hand Grips: Some available for 08's - but a lot missing. I love my Leather hand grips on my 06... nono - on 08..:wacko:

And that just for the stuff I have been looking for...

So what's the deal - will we all have to settle with Stock bikes eventually ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
lots of things are new for the 08. Many of the older parts, like seats, just won't fit. Given time I think the MOCO will have lotts fo stuff available for them.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Don't worry, they are adding 08 P&A stuff every day I am sure, there's alot more money in that than anything but T-shirts. They aren't going to leave that money laying on the table or walking down the street for long!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Seat mounts, fly-by-wire, handlebars, and ABS make it impossible to retro fit. I too am waiting. Hell, I've been waiting for an '08 Service Manual since July. Good opportunity for aftermarkets to beat MOCO to the $$$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts