V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 street bob 103 (recently swapped camshaft and pushrods)

Well didn't think id be back on this forum ,
but here I am again need some help diagnosing this noise.

My bike is making a noise exactly the same as the one in this video. From the youtube comments the owner did not ever find the issue. On my bike the noise is not as consistent as the one in this video.

I've looked up videos for showing engine noises with loose compensator nut. Very similar noise but I pulled the primary cover and the nut didn't seem loose at all.

What could it be? what should I check for?

·
Registered
56 Posts
2016 street bob 103 (recently swapped camshaft and pushrods)

Well didn't think id be back on this forum ,
but here I am again need some help diagnosing this noise.

My bike is making a noise exactly the same as the one in this video. From the youtube comments the owner did not ever find the issue. On my bike the noise is not as consistent as the one in this video.

I've looked up videos for showing engine noises with loose compensator nut. Very similar noise but I pulled the primary cover and the nut didn't seem loose at all.

What could it be? what should I check for?
The little cling cling once in awhile is the tensioner flapping a bit i will say! Just reinstall the cover, oil and ride!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
965 Posts
sounds like a/some tr- gears are tapping each other....but i would pull the clutch and compensator for inspection

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hard to tell where it’s coming from. Could compensator be loose? That would be a sporadic knock like that.

·
Registered
2004 FLHTI
763 Posts
Could be the compensator. That's a quick easy check. My 04 TC made a noise like that and turned out the comp nut was just loose. Comp was fine. Put it back together with red loctite and torqued the nut to spec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts