V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know how the Silver and Black 2 tone anniversary colors have been received by the majority of Harley fans. Myself, I like the S&B but I also like some of the past colors that gave a more retro look to HD's. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I like the combination! My Wife and I just picked up a new Z71 extended cab in black over pewter. Out of eighty some odd Chevy trucks on the lot it was the only one in this color combo. Prettiest truck on the lot!

I felt the above mentioned colors gave the new bikes a richer, more high quality look.

SS

·
Registered
285 Posts
Silver and Black is a nice combo i have a 97 fatboy pewter silver and black and loved it the first time i saw it. I was in the hd dealer last week and saw a 2003 silver and black i was not inpressed, a little too silver for my taste.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Um I havent seen how they used the silver and black... But 1978 lowriders Come in silver and black with a small stripe of red...
sounds pretty retro to me.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I like the combo, although it seems they may have the silver and bk=lack reversed?

·
Registered
725 Posts
My favorite bike colors are silver, black, and dark red. I'm very OK with the silver and black anniversary combo.

Steve

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I like it

Well I for one really like the Silver and Black on my 03 Fatboy. I have recieved many positive comments about the colors from people who have seen it. I think it is classy, which is what an annaversary model should be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At first I didn't care for the combo in the photos I got to see . But when I saw my bike on the showroom floor, I had to have it . I get compliments every time I go for a ride.:D

·
Registered
906 Posts
I gotta say even though i'm partial to silver by itself...the black and silver combo looks great on the new bikes! It's definitely a color combination I would consider if I were purchasing a newer bike.

-peace

·
Registered
679 Posts
My favorite colors and combos for Harleys are black and red. The Nostalgic paint scheme with the black and red look amazing. Pure black and solid red (Real or Laser Red, not that Luxury Red) are also sweet. Shouldn't all Hogs be black?

Having said that, the Black and Silver Ann colors look amazing. I've seen them on several bikes at the Harley Dealership and they are very pretty.

I was initially disappointed over the very few color choices that HD is offering this year, but seeing the Vivid Black, Gunmetal and the Black/Silver Anniversary combinations almost make it excusable. The Anniversary Stripe with Harley Davidson repeated over and over in the box fashion is an incredible achievement.

I don't care for the White, Luxury Red (doesn't this look like burgundy?) and Blue making an American-made theme. I like the American idea, but not the colors or the lack of other choices.

Getting back to the original idea for the post, the Black/Silver 100th Ann bikes are beautiful.

Peace,

Ross

·
Registered
384 Posts
For me anyway, it was a very difficult decision on what color to choose on my FLHTCI. I really couldn't find a Classic to look at before I ordered in the Black/Silver. I wanted to see a bike not a photo. Finally, got to see an Ultra which is different than my ordered Classic, but close enough to sway me. I've since seen a couple Classics with my colors up close and it just keeps growing on me. The black was my other choice,but to each his own.

If I had a choice, I probably would have reversed the colors or went with the "oval teardrop" on the tank, but.... like **** says........

You can't always get what you want...
You can't always get what you want...
But if you try some time...
You just might find...
Ya get what ya need !!!

Sorry, this crappy weather and me being on vacation is gett'n to me!

Mister Breeze

·
Registered
903 Posts
It looks good to me.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I think the lack of choices boils down to, easier to make 300,000 bikes with less color changes. HD is really trying to cash in. I like the gunmetal, and also think the silver and black should have been reversed. Just my opinion and you asked for it, it's your bike, all that matters is if YOU like it. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I really like the S&B color combo. Looks really sharp. My favorite for this years colors is that gunmetal blue color I have seen. I never thought I would want anything besides black on my bikes, but that gunmetal color is kick-ass!

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
fire said:
I'm curious to know how the Silver and Black 2 tone anniversary colors have been received by the majority of Harley fans. Myself, I like the S&B but I also like some of the past colors that gave a more retro look to HD's. Thanks
Dude, I love the Raiders !!!! OOOhhhh i get it.... :rolleyes: My 91 F150 is silver, my 01 FXD is silver/black

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
I think its a good combo. I just don't like to see it on the car behind me as the NC Highway Patrols cars are painted Black and Silver :eek:

http://www.ncshp.org/photo1.html

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
I think it looks pretty sharp! I had my order in for an anodized V-rod, but as soon as I saw a black & silver on a dealer's floor, I was on the phone changing my order! Luckily, the change could be accommodated!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts