V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To purchase an SS or Andrews Cams and Gears, for replacement of stock chain driven cams on 01 B engine. Plus adjustable pushrods and what ever else is needed. Plus installation. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cams and gears around $550.00, SE pushrods around $120.00, S&S install kit about $25.00. Shops around here charge $275.00 - $300.00 for labor. Not that tough of a job if you've got mechanical ability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had this work done about two months ago at lifestyle cycles in anaheim. S&S 510g with pushrods\covers. Cost out the door was $1200.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I know this guy at GMR .... just kidding, depending on what cam you want andrews are about the least amount of money S&S cams are more and woods more than that. 600-720 range approx, again depending on what you need

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
I know this guy at GMR .... just kidding, depending on what cam you want andrews are about the least amount of money S&S cams are more and woods more than that. 600-720 range approx, again depending on what you need
HDWRENCH what is included in those numbers?

Just so people are clear on what is covered in that price.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I gave a range as all have different prices but

Andrews complete 552.95 cam, g/d, install

S&S 625

Woods call ........cam alone range from 350 to 440 for CAM ONLY

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Thanks HDWRENCH, just wanted all to know on that price it was gears and cams and install kit.

I know how proud Bob Woods is of his cams as I bought them from you.

Just thought less experienced people know when they are seeing prices on cams, that that they need gears and install kit to get the TOTAL price as I have seen some sly advertising lately.

And of course we wont talk about the difference in support coverage from you which is almost 24/7 compared to getting through to other cam vendors. And then their willingness to work with someone who has a wrench in one hand and a cam gear in the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts