V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the any performance difference s between the the fxrs sp and fxrs convertible as in engine upgrades and what are are they. Thanks

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
which models and years had a higher performance specs on them Terry. I've heard people talking about it but I'm not sure which ones.
I didn't know any of them did.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who have you been hearing this from? Inquiring minds want to know?
Thermodyne check out the video I posted and also a local guy who has one mentioned it to me. He had gotten some work done to his own bike and was told it was a higher performance bike than the standard fxr, s. Weather its just different carburetor and suspension he didn't really know. It just got my curiosity.
Also below is an interesting read.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It is On the Internet... it Must be correct..
Any Bike Can be anything one can Afford.. Friend has an 8 second Shovelhead..another has a low 8 second FXR
here i sit with an 8 second Girls Bike
Since people oftentimes call FXR's Sportsters.. Maybe I can get away with that...!!!
IMO... The Pre-1991 Evo, should be a better performer from the Factory [Stock], only because they had a better cam, and were equipped with the CV carburetor...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Go back and listen carefully - he's referring to the dual front disk brakes being a little more powerful, which is true when compared to the single front disk models.
Maybe... But Not always... I have access to more than one of Both.. Unless the Pads are Carefully matched to the rotor [materials] on that dual disk set-up... the single [later] will outperform it...Unless we are doing a heat dissipation test.... I don't ride like that anymore....

·
Registered
963 Posts
In the videos by "high performance" he's referring to brakes and suspension, the FXRS-SP, FXRS-Conv, later FXRT had taller suspension, some with air forks, and dual front discs. Motors are all the Same.

·
Super Moderator
19,401 Posts
Thermodyne check out the video I posted and also a local guy who has one mentioned it to me. He had gotten some work done to his own bike and was told it was a higher performance bike than the standard fxr, s. Weather its just different carburetor and suspension he didn't really know. It just got my curiosity.
Also below is an interesting read.

You watch that video and took that little comment from some dumb ass as meaning that some 90 fxr's had a performance boost? Seriously?

In the world of 1984's-1990's Harley production, a right front brake was a performance boost. All Harley did during those years was try to maintain power levels as emission requirements tightened. The only production performance option was a special spark box for police scooters that had a different spark curve and a higher red line. The Evo was built to run on regular unleaded gas, as was the law back then. So there was very little that could be done to make more power from the factory.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You watch that video and took that little comment from some dumb ass as meaning that some 90 fxr's had a performance boost? Seriously?

I don't really by the way that's The reason I asked the question. How else does someone learn these things . It's like being in school all over again on these forums asking all the experts about the true facts on things...... Don't you think..... 👍

In the world of 1984's-1990's Harley production, a right front brake was a performance boost. All Harley did during those years was try to maintain power levels as emission requirements tightened. The only production performance option was a special spark box for police scooters that had a different spark curve and a higher red line. The Evo was built to run on regular unleaded gas, as was the law back then. So there was very little that could be done to make more power from the factory.

Thanks for the info. Very informative.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the videos by "high performance" he's referring to brakes and suspension, the FXRS-SP, FXRS-Conv, later FXRT had taller suspension, some with air forks, and dual front discs. Motors are all the Same.
Thanks v-strum that's the answer to the question I was curious about.😀

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,357 Posts
Thanks v-strum that's the answer to the question I was curious about.😀
Man, a bunch of us aren't real smooth. Don't take it to heart.

joe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts