V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the difference between a Califronia emissions FLHTCUI and the rest of the damned world. I have to register in AZ because the dealer can't find a CA bike. It's an EFI system, so it's a different map? A cat. in the exhaust system? Jeeezzz, what did they do put the flatest cam's in so it meets emissions?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
No big deal. Have not yet seen a 02 CA Ultra, but typically the only difference is that the CA bikes have an evaporative emissions control, read charcoal canister and associated lines, and a catalytic converter on the carbureted bikes only.

I ride mine into CA with AZ plates and no one has ever questioned it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too big of a deal for me, just inconvenient. My mother and brother live in and around Mesa. I can register there. I had heard once that Harleys and off brands might soon be manufacturing ALL motorcycles to meet CA specs. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad. I don't know the amount of toxins that a motorcycle emits into the air, but compared to the hundreds of thousands of cars on the road, it doesn't seem like it could compare. Every little bit helps, I guess.

Thanks for the reply Hippo.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts