V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I'm about to purchase an 06 RKC (carbureted) beginning of April, and first thing is to upgrade the exhaust and do a stage1, plus chrome the front end. I've been doing a lot of research, but still value the opinion of "seasoned" riders. I'm looking obviously to increase the sound, but also want to increase the hp. What options (maybe 2 or 3) would ya'll recommend that will give me the best combination of increased power and sound? From what I've read thus far, it seems like the Rineharts & Thunderheaders are top 2, but in reading from this forum, I've seen Wild Pigs mentioned a lot.

Please Advise!

T-roy - Florida :chopper:
Kennedy Space Center

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Welcome to VTF!

This is like asking someone else what your favorite color is.

Completely subjective topic. Lots of questions to ask yourself and what matters most. Sound? Performance? Quality? Looks? What looks good to you? Stock, duals, 2into1?

Good luck.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Yup....best is subjective. Best sound/performance is probably a good 2 into 1, but many people don't care for the look, especially on a bagger. Some love the look. I have a V & H ProPipe HS on my Dyna and would be very tempted to put one on a bagger if I ever get one. That or a SuperTrapp SuperMegs.

T113

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I understand it's pretty subjective. Just wondering if there were any that were clearly better than others? I'm going to stay with the current look as far as the crossover duals or true duals are concerned. Don't like the look of a 2into1 for the baggers....
I guess my order of importance would be performance - loudness and quality. I was leaning towards purchasing the Rinehart True Duals or the Thunderheader slip on. Going to add the Ness Big Sucker and such for Stage1.
Just seeing who likes what and why?
Thanks

T-roy

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Personally, I'd look at:

V&H Ovals Slip-ons
Rinehart Slip-ons
Thunderheader Slip-ons

For true duals:

V&H will give you more options for mufflers because the Rinehart true duals you can only use their mufflers (diameter different where it mounts to the Rinehart head pipes). But the Rinehart slip-ons will fit the stock pipes or V&H duals if you want to have a muffler choice down the road.

PERSONALLY, I don't think there is a better sounding bagger pipe than Rineharts but the Thunderheaders are sweet too. But then again I'm biased.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
If you like the stock look;
True Duals
Rinehart True Duals - They have 3 different baffles you can install. I had them and I liked them a lot.
Bassani True Duals - A friends got them and they sound good and perform like the Rineharts.
Vance & Hines. - More options on mufflers, but a friend has them and wishes he'd got the Rineharts.

2 into 1'S
Bassani Road Rage - Nice sound, great performance.
Thunderheaders - Same as above. I'm not crazy about the fake left pipe.
Rinehart 2-1 - Not out yet but I've read some good sh!t about them.

Again, this is just my opinion and my -2$en#e-
I'm :xhere:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts