V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a pair of Screramin Eagle II slip on exhausts?

Is it something I could do easily or is it worth the labor for a dealer to do???

I am fairly technical capable...I don't not have any "special" type tools. Spanner wrenches, tourque wrenchs and so on...I have a good assortment of regular hand tools and stuff....

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
joeschmoe said:
Putting a pair of Screramin Eagle II slip on exhausts?

Is it something I could do easily or is it worth the labor for a dealer to do???

I am fairly technical capable...I don't not have any "special" type tools. Spanner wrenches, tourque wrenchs and so on...I have a good assortment of regular hand tools and stuff....
Should be no problem. Run it long enough to just warm the pipes, take off the muffler clamps and shoot the joints liberally with WD-40 or other penetrating oil. Let it sit and give the oil time to do its thing. You should then be able to work the mufflers off reasonably easily.

Clean all the oil you used off your header pipes, install new mufflers. Many people and the instructions highly recommend using new muffler clamps. I didn't. Put everything back together using locktite. Clean all pipes thoroughly before starting....get all oil and fingerprints off.

Enjoy.

T113

1 - 2 of 2 Posts