V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to grab the service manual this weekend, before I do can anyone tell me what is included in the 5K service.

Thanks,

Ross
'05
FLHRSI

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
If you have the owners manuals it will list the what get's done.
If you don't i will post it for you when i dig mine up.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I couldn't tell you for sure as I've never had a 5 thousand dollar service. I would hope it included a reach around.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
cwo2lt said:
I couldn't tell you for sure as I've never had a 5 thousand dollar service. I would hope it included a reach around.
Remember man, these are Harleys, you don't walk out of a stealer without spending as much.lol, I just noticed the dollar sign.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check the cables, change the fluids....bend the customer over, have him grab his ankles when you give him the bill.

If you buy the lift, and all the tools to do the service yourself, it will cost less money than the 5000 mile service....and its easy as hell to service a Harley. I do 100% of the service on my 00 Fatboy and she's 35,000 young and still chuggin' along!

·
Registered
755 Posts
cwo2lt said:
Ya. It better include cams, heads, pistons, NOS kit, hookers and beer. :beer:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
You don't need a lift fr 5k. Also keep in mind you do not have to do it all at once. Do some one weekend, rest the next. Alot of the stuff is check items. Well I now how my breaks feel, should know if your lights are working. Ohh check tread on tire, thats hard. At 5k shouldn't even be an issue.

They throw alot of check items on there to make it seem like there doing alot. I don't know maybe they are. But alot of those you should be doing or catch on your own. Like tire pressure.

BAsically change fluids, lube cables, torque some bolts.
Adjust clutch, probably trickiest first time. Just read the manual over and step by step.

Knock on wood I have never found a loose bolt. Rubber mounted motor.

Just get the manual. Its not hard.

From the website above, one thing I have not heard of, Clean tappet oil screen????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts