V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to lose the fork reflectors on my Fat Boy, don't like them very much. It looks like they're just stuck on there with adhesive. Do they just pop off with a screwdriver?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have read about people using the thin, strong dental floss like, Butler's I believe it's called.

Get behind the sticky pad and floss.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Lose Those Things!!!

That was the first thing I did was peel those off, I used a door panel removal tool from snap on I already own one I didn't buy it special. This tool has no sharp edges like a screwdriver be careful just get them started then pull my didn't even leave any residue. If you know anyone that does bodywork they usually have a tool as described hope this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll probably just use a pinstripe remover tool (consistency of a pencil eraser and attaches to a drill bit) to get the residue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
try some fishing line to work it off , then some contact cement remover to clean off the glue

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was easy, used some spider wire fishing line (ultra-thin and strong) and got the rest off with some sticker remover spray. About 3 minutes to do, thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts