V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Iron Horse. It's a good blend of customs, old bikes, tech and factory bike articles. Other mags just don't seem to cut it for me, however I still buy them. Hey you never know what you can find for info, even in the crappiest publication. Knowledge is what I like.

I still buy Easy Riders. even though I can't figure out what the hell that mag is all about. Seems like they have gotten distracted over the years. ****, booze, and bikes are good, but it seems ER is kinda weird and esoteric/elitist now. Like they never show any regular bikes for the rest of us. Always some high-end custom jobs with a bimbo rubbing herself all over it (like that really happens on a daily basis). And the cartoons and humor is akin to something a 10-year old could produce. I think they need some help.

I dunno. What do you guys read?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I subscribe to Hot Bike, and am happy with it. A little of everything. I was a long time subscriber to Easyriders back in the late seventies and early eighties when it was a BIKER RAG. I throughly enjoyed it back then. I do however agree with you on what it has become.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'll read just about anything. I used to read ER all the time, but that was over 15 years ago. Didn't make the wife too happy then, but of course I only bought it for the articles! After 26 years of marriage, you'd think that she would believe me, but I guess she knows me too well!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's a fiber issue

I read American Iron, essentially a manufacture’s publication, and Motor Cyclist. Add to that Hog Tails, tool catalogs, parts catalogs and maybe a stray issue of some other rag or two. Depends on how much fiber I eat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah American Iron. Hehe actually that was the one I was thinking about when I wrote the above post. =) Good mag.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
If anyone is in need of good discounted magazine subscriptions, click on the MAGAZINES link on the main page. A portion of the proceeds will go to the H-DForum. AND HOT BIKE is listed. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don’t subscribe to any, but back in the seventies I did take ER but when ”Miraculous Motha Tell’s All”was no longer carried I quit reading and never looked back.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The only guy I enjoy reading is Kevin Cameron, so I usually read that one page in a borrowed Cycle World. Every one of the major magazines, American Iron in particular, every now and then has one article of interest but for the most part they are incredibly boring. I still have an old subscription to MCN, but they are going the same way, so I will not renew it either.

Some of the european magazines are much more technically oriented, but they are either expensive, hard to get, or both.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like any of 'em. Subscribe to American Iron, Ironworks, and Hot Bike.

Come to think of it, I even find myself reading my wife's Oprah Mag every now and then..That Oprah is a hoot...

Ape

·
Registered
380 Posts
magazines for bikers

i have subscribtion to american rider they have a good tech. and down to earth bike stories. i ride a cruser, and am always looking for ways to enjoy my bike and how to travel in comfort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like Rider the best. It has lots of interesting ride reports, tech and safety tips, and new bike reviews. It is aimed more toward real-world street riding, as opposed to racing and dirt riding. They write about all types of bikes, but seem to respect Harleys for what they are (they don't put Harleys down for not performing like the latest road racer). I read the other magazines sometimes, but have had a subscription to Rider for at least ten years.

Iron Horse is fun to read, but it makes me want to strip down my dresser, or at least build a chopper again.

I don't enjoy Easyriders any more. I don't think it's a matter of me outgrowing it. I just think it has become immature.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
American Iron Magazine, Hot Rod Bikes, Motorcyclists, Motorcycle Consumer News, the AMA monthly and the HOG monthly. I like Hot Rod Bikes because it has a definite West Coast slant.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ape Hanger said:
Come to think of it, I even find myself reading my wife's Oprah Mag every now and then..That Oprah is a hoot...

Ape
You are quite possibly the sickest man I have had the pleasure to meet here, Ape. Seek help! =)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Ape Hanger said:

Ape
It takes a very secure man to admit something like that! LOL That's cool. I even hate it when my wife is shopping and she say's "hold my purse a minute while I try this jacket on" . Gawd, that sucks. LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks Higmo, it's nice to meet you as well and truth be known I'm a lot sicker than I'd like to admit :D

By the way I hate holding my wife's purse in a store to. Unless ofcourse it matches my riding chaps... hahahahahaha...LMAO...

Ape
:cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When my wife mentions me holding her purse for a minute, I take it, and then let it drop to the ground. She will give me some **** about it and ask why I did that. I usally say, "I can't help it. My wrist just went limp!"

<grin>

·
Registered
105 Posts
Higmo said:
When my wife mentions me holding her purse for a minute, I take it, and then let it drop to the ground. She will give me some **** about it and ask why I did that. I usally say, "I can't help it. My wrist just went limp!"

<grin>
Very Good.. Possibly the best reponse I've ever read.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ape

·
Registered
105 Posts
Higmo Says, "Arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics... even if you win, you are still retarded."

That is a great quote and should be posted for the world to see. So I thought I would repeat it one more tome

Ape

·
Registered
47 Posts
Motorcycle Cruiser magazine. Mostly into the metric bikes, but they seem to be fair and un-biased with their coverage. They include Harleys in their comparison tests, but I've yet to see a whole article devoted to Hogs although I've only been reading it a couple of months. Besides, I've got the hots for the editor, Jamie Elvidge. She's about 5'10", long blond hair and probably has more seat time than most guys.

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Jim, good for you if you can put up with her Jane Fonda like political views, in particular radical anti gun views.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts