V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to put a set of slip mufflers on.
I currently run Samson BGIIIs (yes they are loud) but they do have baffles.I have a stock head pipe from 2000 heritage and the stock mufflers I picked up off of Ebay.
I really think they are going to start cracking down on the noise issue around me so I would just like to tone it down a little.
Just something with a good deep sound if there is one out there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have Screamin Eagle II's on my Fatboy, nice deep sound, if you get these, make sure you get the SE II's, there are a few versions, these are the loudest, but really not that loud. I was going to get V&H BSS, and after the bike sitting all winter, took it out yesterday, was 60 here n NY, and man, I really am thinking again, I like thi sound....like the looks of the V&H, just know the are real loud.....good luck

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Markfatboy05 said:
I have Screamin Eagle II's on my Fatboy, nice deep sound, if you get these, make sure you get the SE II's, there are a few versions, these are the loudest, but really not that loud. I was going to get V&H BSS, and after the bike sitting all winter, took it out yesterday, was 60 here n NY, and man, I really am thinking again, I like thi sound....like the looks of the V&H, just know the are real loud.....good luck
I have heard the SEs but nevr know which version they are.
I was thinking Cycle Shack or something along those lines.:xhere:

·
Registered
204 Posts
My brother just picked up his new, o6 deluxe last weekend, and he had the cycleshack slip on turndowns put on. They also sound nice, I think his sounds a little louder bark than my SE II's, mine are a little deeper, I think anyway, they are very close. I don't think you could go wrong with the cyclecshacks, they seem real popular.......

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
save your money

go to the JP catalogue and order the samson baffles for the baffleless BG 1s.
The baffles in your BG3 are set 14 inches back and the BG1 baffles are 10 inches long so insert them 12 inches into the pipe. You will have to build up the baffle ends a little bit by welding shims on it but it is not difficult. Then drill a screw hole into the bottoms of the BG3. As for sound, it is not the loudness of the BG3 but the resonance from that 14 inches of pipe that make it seem so loud. These extra baffles just take out the resonance factor so it is much less irritating. Baffles are $30 each and it cost me $60 for the wrench to fix'em up.
Fred

·
Banned
871 Posts
deuce04 said:
I have decided to put a set of slip mufflers on.
I currently run Samson BGIIIs (yes they are loud) but they do have baffles.I have a stock head pipe from 2000 heritage and the stock mufflers I picked up off of Ebay.
I really think they are going to start cracking down on the noise issue around me so I would just like to tone it down a little.
Just something with a good deep sound if there is one out there.
Cycle Shacks are about the best for low and mid range torque.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cycle Shack makes SE for Harley guy's....so just get them from the stealer @your discount rate while you can!

SE's will be a thing of the past from the HD Stealers in the last part of April....I am not saying Cycle Shacks will be gone!...Just SE from the Stealer

Ride Safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts